Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There are many hunts I would love to try during my lifetime, but there are also many hunts I would like to stay clear of. Are t

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • There are many hunts I would love to try during my lifetime, but there are also many hunts I would like to stay clear of. Are t

    There are many hunts I would love to try during my lifetime, but there are also many hunts I would like to stay clear of. Are there any hunts that you would rather not partake in? Are there any hunts you would like to go on but wont due to the location of the hunt(for reasons other than the financial cost)?

  • #2
    I no longer have the stamina to even think about hunting for mountain sheep or goats, and I don't think I'd like to hunt much of anything in the hot desert. I have no desire to kill an elephant, even if I could afford it.

    Comment


    • #3
      If I wont eat it. I wont hunt it. So no hunting elephant, bear, or any of the big cats for me, also wont hunt wolves or coyote.

      Comment


      • #4
        For some reason, I have never had much of a desire to hunt bears of any kind. I can't put my finger on why I feel that way, but I do. I also wouldn't want to go elephant hunting, because they're too "human" in some of the ways they act. I don't have much of a desire to hunt Dall sheep either, because of the insanely brutal terrain and weather where they live.
        As far as hunts I would like to go on, but probably won't, mule deer/Coues whitetail hunting in Mexico has always sounded fun to me, but I don't think there's anywhere in Mexico that's safe from the drug gangs anymore.

        Comment


        • #5
          As much as I love big game animals, I could never find myself hunting a Moose. Just something about it would just make me not be able to press the trigger if I had to; too majestic of an animal I guess. I'll stick to eating moose jerky sticks from gander mountain.

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm with Mesarich on this one, elephant's big cats, and the big bears. But the thing that would stop me is that I think these are just fascinating animals. I would love to hunt Cape Buffalo sometime though!

            Comment


            • #7
              An elephant provides much needed protein to local tribes. Also,in certain areas they are over populated and must be harvested or they will destroy the forest.

              I see so many moose at very close range while fishing, I feel there would be little sport in shooting one.

              Comment


              • #8
                WHITETAIL IN SASK.

                Comment


                • #9
                  One shot, do or die on a charging Cape buffalo.....now that would be the hunting experience of a lifetime. The problem is living to tell about it!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by pineywoods View Post
                    I no longer have the stamina to even think about hunting for mountain sheep or goats, and I don't think I'd like to hunt much of anything in the hot desert. I have no desire to kill an elephant, even if I could afford it.
                    Country Road, I'm with you concerning the elephant. My brother has shot one but I know it's not my cup of tea.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by mesarich View Post
                      If I wont eat it. I wont hunt it. So no hunting elephant, bear, or any of the big cats for me, also wont hunt wolves or coyote.
                      Heck, there's plenty of pest animals I hunt with no desire to eat. Mesarich, to each their own, but I don't understand not shooting a coyote when you get the chance.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by officerdom1987 View Post
                        As much as I love big game animals, I could never find myself hunting a Moose. Just something about it would just make me not be able to press the trigger if I had to; too majestic of an animal I guess. I'll stick to eating moose jerky sticks from gander mountain.
                        The desire to hunt an animal is very personal. I'd like to take a moose one time just to say I have. The meat is very good!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by DSMbirddog View Post
                          I'm with Mesarich on this one, elephant's big cats, and the big bears. But the thing that would stop me is that I think these are just fascinating animals. I would love to hunt Cape Buffalo sometime though!
                          Even with the Cape Buffalo, you will only get a small portion of the meat, and I don't think you can bring it home.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by buckhunter View Post
                            An elephant provides much needed protein to local tribes. Also,in certain areas they are over populated and must be harvested or they will destroy the forest.

                            I see so many moose at very close range while fishing, I feel there would be little sport in shooting one.
                            There's no moose in Alabama so it would be a treat for me to take one.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Salladthewhitetailslayer View Post
                              WHITETAIL IN SASK.
                              Ah, to be young again! Go for it Sallad!

                              Comment

                              Welcome!

                              Collapse

                              Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

                              If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

                              And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

                              Right Rail 1 Ad

                              Collapse

                              Top Active Users

                              Collapse

                              There are no top active users.

                              Right Rail 2 Ad

                              Collapse

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Right Rail 3 Ad

                              Collapse

                              Footer Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X