Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOW TO THOSE THAT SUGGESTED TED NUGENT SHOULD BE A SPOKESPERSON FOR HUNTING AND A LEADER JUSTIFY HIS LATEST ACTIONS DISRESPECTIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PigHunter
    replied
    Originally posted by Trapper Vic View Post
    Ted Nigent, Rush Limbaugh etc. We do not need the support of knuckle heads.
    I like Rush Limbaugh and thus disagree with you

Leave a comment:

• mesarich
    replied
    One more thing I would like to say then believe me I will drop this forever. I cannot stand Obama. I think he is right up there with Carter as the worst we have had in office. Ted should have had a little more tact when speaking of him, but who here has not said something in anger only to realize later that it was over the top?

Leave a comment:

• mesarich
    replied
    I apologize for the sheep comment, but i think most of the opinions about Ted have been formed by watching the news, and not by checking him out for yourself. He is all about hunting and eating what you kill. The trouble he has been in lately is at least partly because he trusted his guides to know the regs where he was hunting. I pride myself on taking good shots and i have wounded animals that got away. I would think that any of us that hunt a lot have had that happen. As far as draft dodging, i think it was a mistake on his part, but I will not let one mistake someone made thirty years ago be the only opinion I have of someone. I have watched his shows, listened to his music, and read his thoughts on hunting and life. I will say again he may be a little out there, but hunters could do a lot worse then to have Nugent as a spokeperson.

Leave a comment:

• huntfishtrap
    replied
    I agree with 6phunter, call me a sheep at your own risk! I normally respect your opinions, mesarich, but this time I think you're a little off-base. You do know that being a "sheep" can work both ways, don't you?

Leave a comment:

• 6phunter
    replied
    NO SHEEP HERE,I CALLEM LIKE I SEE THEM,THAT OLD GOAT PLAYS A MEAN GUITAR,BUT HIS IDEAS AND MINE ARE ON DIFFERENT ENDS OF THE SPECTRUM.HE MAY BE ENTITLED TO HIS OWN OPINION BUT NOT HIS OWN FACTS. SO FAR HIS FACTS HAVE BEEN CONFUSING AND GETTING HIM INTO TROUBLE WALKING THE THIN LINE BETWEEN WHATS LEAGL AND WHATS NOT. THAT'S THE FACTS

Leave a comment:

• mesarich
    replied
    I like Nugent, and if some of you would look a little more into his lifestyle and what he is all about instead of listening to the msnbc crew you might change your opinion of him also. Is he a little out there? Sometimes, but slamming him because everyone else is, to me that makes you sheep.

Leave a comment:

• DSMbirddog
    replied
    JM, that's good to know if you happen to be hanging around with him.

Leave a comment:

• JM
    replied
    @Bob Hansen,
    They deemed him not to be a threat to the PRESIDENT, not necissarily himself or people around him.

Leave a comment:

• Pathfinder1
    replied

Hi...

Sorry about the second post...I guess I got ahead of myself...!!

Leave a comment:

• Pathfinder1
    replied

Hi...

I recently gleaned this from the 'net:

Ted Nugent...by his own admission..."didn't want to go to Nam and get his butt shot off"...so he ended up getting four deferments.

Allegedly those who know him...and, again by his own admission...said he is a nut case.

He was shooting a movie which required him to shoot a deer...so he wounded one which was not retrieved. Then he shot and killed another deer. Deer season was not open...and he was sited for poaching (and/or whatever else)...and pleaded guilty.

He got lucky again...as two Secret Service agents interviewed him re: his recent rant...and deemed him to NOT be a threat...!!

That's it in a "nut" shell...!!

Leave a comment:

• Trapper Vic
    replied
    Ted Nigent, Rush Limbaugh etc. We do not need the support of knuckle heads.

Leave a comment:

• Pathfinder1
    replied

Hi...

I just checked him out on the 'net this evening, and here's what I found:

He kept himself out of 'Nam by getting four deferments...and by his own admission..."didn't want to get his ass shot off"...!!

Those who allegedly knew him...and by his own admission...he is a nut case...!!

And, he apparently got lucky again...he was interviewed by two Secret Service agents who deemed him to not be a threat...!!

Leave a comment:

• Kody
    replied
    Rock stars can be just as adept at making fools of themselves as the rest of us. Unfortunately, character and good sense can disappear with egos inflated by fame and/or financial success. In contrast to Ted, there are many unassuming and caring individuals who wear their success and/or fame with grace and dignity. There are enough people in the world making ugly threats. Public figures need to show the best side of what it is to be an American, a Canadian or to live in a democratic society. Pretty nice to live in cultures where you can disagree with your neighbour's politics without killing one another. Our fighting forces in Afghanistan see enough of hatred and bitterness between factions in that nation to have to return and see shades of the same on the home front. It disrespects their efforts.

Leave a comment:

• pineywoods
    replied
    I've always thought that Nugent was about a half a bubble off of level. I don't care for his music or his attitude. I have remote sympathy for his politics but you'd have to put extra postage on something to get it from me to him.

Leave a comment:

• DSMbirddog
    replied
    His comments were out of line and yes, Obama is still our president whether we like it or not. Our option is to vote him out, not make veiled threats.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Neighbor painted me a picture!
    by dewman
    My neighbor is a regionally known artist. So over time after regaling him with childhood hunting stories of my younger years in Michigan, South Dakota,...
    05-03-2021, 03:35 PM
  • What would you do?
    by fitch270
    About 15 minutes after daybreak my daughter nudges me in the side. I’ve been letting out some soft yelps and clucks but the turkeys are quiet early...
    05-01-2021, 09:34 PM
  • Holy flock 2
    by fitch270
    First a question, then why it matters.

A group of bears is called what?

Times up: The answer is

05-01-2021, 08:49 PM
  • Opportunity knocking
    by fitch270
    I should probably hold off on mentioning this for a bit but here we go.

Got the annual pre-season turkey call (lol) from my cousin last...
    04-27-2021, 08:29 PM
  • Iron sights, Yes, No, Maybe?
    by fitch270
    I’ve been thinking on this one since reading Amflyer’s response to me on his Not Available Rifle thread. The subject of the iron sights came up, I...
    04-26-2021, 10:41 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X