Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOW TO THOSE THAT SUGGESTED TED NUGENT SHOULD BE A SPOKESPERSON FOR HUNTING AND A LEADER JUSTIFY HIS LATEST ACTIONS DISRESPECTIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO THOSE THAT SUGGESTED TED NUGENT SHOULD BE A SPOKESPERSON FOR HUNTING AND A LEADER JUSTIFY HIS LATEST ACTIONS DISRESPECTIN

HOW TO THOSE THAT SUGGESTED TED NUGENT SHOULD BE A SPOKESPERSON FOR HUNTING AND A LEADER JUSTIFY HIS LATEST ACTIONS DISRESPECTING THE PRESIDENT? I DIDN'T VOTE FOR OBAMA AND PROBABLY WON'T ,BUT I DO RESPECT THE OFFICE AND HIS WILLINGNESS TO DO THE BEST HE CAN .

I'm with you on that one 6phunter. Even though saying anything non-negative about the President isn't a popular sentiment around here, I do think he's a decent guy, I just don't agree with a lot of his (or most Democrat's) philosophies. You also gotta admit, he hasn't been nearly as aggressive on gun control as a lot of people thought he would be, hasn't even brought it up, really.
    I also am no fan of Ted Nugent, I know a lot of guys on here like him, and they're entitled to their opinions, but I think he's a complete wacko, and a lot of time is a bad representative of hunters and outdoorsmen.

Comment

What Nugent said was dumb. That's all I am going to say =p.

Comment

His comments were out of line and yes, Obama is still our president whether we like it or not. Our option is to vote him out, not make veiled threats.

Comment

I've always thought that Nugent was about a half a bubble off of level. I don't care for his music or his attitude. I have remote sympathy for his politics but you'd have to put extra postage on something to get it from me to him.

Comment

Rock stars can be just as adept at making fools of themselves as the rest of us. Unfortunately, character and good sense can disappear with egos inflated by fame and/or financial success. In contrast to Ted, there are many unassuming and caring individuals who wear their success and/or fame with grace and dignity. There are enough people in the world making ugly threats. Public figures need to show the best side of what it is to be an American, a Canadian or to live in a democratic society. Pretty nice to live in cultures where you can disagree with your neighbour's politics without killing one another. Our fighting forces in Afghanistan see enough of hatred and bitterness between factions in that nation to have to return and see shades of the same on the home front. It disrespects their efforts.

Comment

Hi...

I just checked him out on the 'net this evening, and here's what I found:

He kept himself out of 'Nam by getting four deferments...and by his own admission..."didn't want to get his ass shot off"...!!

Those who allegedly knew him...and by his own admission...he is a nut case...!!

And, he apparently got lucky again...he was interviewed by two Secret Service agents who deemed him to not be a threat...!!

Comment

Ted Nigent, Rush Limbaugh etc. We do not need the support of knuckle heads.

Comment

Hi...

I recently gleaned this from the 'net:

Ted Nugent...by his own admission..."didn't want to go to Nam and get his butt shot off"...so he ended up getting four deferments.

Allegedly those who know him...and, again by his own admission...said he is a nut case.

He was shooting a movie which required him to shoot a deer...so he wounded one which was not retrieved. Then he shot and killed another deer. Deer season was not open...and he was sited for poaching (and/or whatever else)...and pleaded guilty.

He got lucky again...as two Secret Service agents interviewed him re: his recent rant...and deemed him to NOT be a threat...!!

That's it in a "nut" shell...!!

Comment

Hi...

Sorry about the second post...I guess I got ahead of myself...!!

Comment

@Bob Hansen,
                      They deemed him not to be a threat to the PRESIDENT, not necissarily himself or people around him.

Comment

JM, that's good to know if you happen to be hanging around with him.

Comment

I like Nugent, and if some of you would look a little more into his lifestyle and what he is all about instead of listening to the msnbc crew you might change your opinion of him also. Is he a little out there? Sometimes, but slamming him because everyone else is, to me that makes you sheep.

Comment

NO SHEEP HERE,I CALLEM LIKE I SEE THEM,THAT OLD GOAT PLAYS A MEAN GUITAR,BUT HIS IDEAS AND MINE ARE ON DIFFERENT ENDS OF THE SPECTRUM.HE MAY BE ENTITLED TO HIS OWN OPINION BUT NOT HIS OWN FACTS. SO FAR HIS FACTS HAVE BEEN CONFUSING AND GETTING HIM INTO TROUBLE WALKING THE THIN LINE BETWEEN WHATS LEAGL AND WHATS NOT. THAT'S THE FACTS

Comment

I agree with 6phunter, call me a sheep at your own risk! I normally respect your opinions, mesarich, but this time I think you're a little off-base. You do know that being a "sheep" can work both ways, don't you?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Covid-19
                                by jhjimbo
                                Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

Tucker Carlson had a guest...
                                09-17-2020, 10:38 PM
                              • Spur of the moment rifle
                                by Amflyer
                                I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
                                09-17-2020, 11:25 AM
                              • The $20 Shooting Shack
                                by fitch270
                                So we’ve been doing some outside remodeling and dismantled some decking. The stuff wasn’t good enough to reuse on the house when we redo the decks...
                                09-16-2020, 10:23 PM
                              • When is it equipment vs when it is you?
                                by dewman
                                one of my range only pals stopped by last night. I showed him my new mk4 and he showed me his. He had spent a lot of $ on upgrades. A lot. Showed me some...
                                09-15-2020, 08:42 AM
                              • Dewman goes Teal hunting.
                                by dewman
                                So one of the farmers who doesn't hunt doves does hunt rails & snipe which opened the 1st, and teal which opened yesterday (Saturday). He asked me...
                                09-13-2020, 04:48 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X