Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you won that huge lottery what would you spend it on to improve the hunting and fishing opportunities in your area? Go to mes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you won that huge lottery what would you spend it on to improve the hunting and fishing opportunities in your area? Go to mes

If you won that huge lottery what would you spend it on to improve the hunting and fishing opportunities in your area? Go to message boards/ off topic/ If you became insanely rich... and let me know.

The image of hunters is key to changing the perception of hunters by the general public. I would buy very stylish hunting clothing. I think several tweed jackets with hunting pockets, matching pants with plenty of pockets, a hat and leather hunting boots that lace right up to the knees. I would have my dogs groomed before every outing and have paid someone to train them to field trial levels. I would also accessorize with the most beautiful Italian shotguns money could buy.... not for myself you understand just for the cause of enhancing the image of hunters. I would tailor my ride to the hunt, a Land Rover for upland bird hunting, a Grande Cherokee for goose hunting. Single guys should take notes in this regard. A dirty camo jacket, torn pants and hip waders will not impress ladies in the field. That pick up truck with the rusted out fenders is not helping either. Not only will you stay single for life, you discourage woman from taking up a sport because it appears to be without fashion sense. The numbers of hunters is in decline and I say too many of us look like goofs in the field and it is not helping. Some will claim you are being selfish in outfitting yourself in this manner as opposed to putting your money into Ducks Unlimited or the local Fish and Wildlife Fund. Nonsense, looking good makes a statement. People will think, "Damn, those hunters look fine, they are a step above the crowd. I want to be one of them!"

Comment

PS Charlie Elk or The Captain will likely disagree with me and suggest giving the money to the Boy Scouts or a promotion like a giant goose or turkey float for the Rose Bowl Parade. Don't listen to them. Guys from Wisconsin and Texas hunt in blue jeans and lumber jack shirts that are not colour coordinated. Hardly the type you what to being taking advice from!!

Comment

So...your entire post was sarcasm correct Kody?

Comment

Also I have no idea what I would do if I won.

Comment

Alright Kody, I will have you know that 325 days out of the year it is too hot to wear flannel where I live.
            You are correct that I am completely without class, but I will not have that kind of talk from a man who spells "color" with a "u"... you tweed-wearer! I also happen to know that you have been married for an insane amount of years (she must be a saint!) So, my conclusion is that young,attractive women view you as a harmless, paternal/grand-paternal figure who can listen to them without being a threat regardless of what you wear.
            Now to business, if I were to win an insane amount of money it would definitely go immediately to supporting hunting. My hunting tags for Colorado, Montana, Texas, Georgia, etc. would support wildlife conservation. I may even take a tweed-wearing Canadian or a Yankee from Wisonsin with me on a hunt... as long as they confessed that Texas is and always will be the "promised land."

Comment

I have to admit that the first thing I'd do (after I got some new skirting for my trailer and a pair of jumper cables for my truck) would be to buy a piece of land---maybe Vermont, or, if it's on sale, Wyoming.

Comment

If I won the 500 million I would bring the buffalo back, I don't know about the whole looking good idea while hunting, I like rolling around in whatever it takes to get the smell of civilization off me & after that looking good is way out the window )). My hunting ride would need a few dents and some blood stains all over the tail gate. I would also donate meat smokers to anyone that can show me they hunt & eat the meat they hunt.

Comment

Waterfall habitat restoration and probably a large disabled veteran hunting camp would be my priorities. Oh yeah and hire loads of unemployed people to shoot coyotes on a full time basis.

Comment

Caring about your friends is important so in the interest of good friendship-
                    I'll hire a spelling tutor for Kody, with improved spelling skills, fine duds, guns and tailored vehicles he would be the best hunting emissary ever. Also a speaking coach for him and his dogs to help them stop using "eh" so much. Did you all know his dogs bark "eh-eh-eh"?
                    I'll pay for The Captain's speak therapist to help him overcome his Texas twang. This will help me & others understand what the heck he is talking about- Texas as the "promised land". What the...? All the preachers around here referred to Wisconsin as God's Country. Not sure what God promised Texas. Perhaps The Captain will enlighten me during our campfire chat assuming I can hear him over dropjhook's rolling around and fire chanting.
                    With the buffalo's return my final purchase will be a corral of the finest buffalo ponies. Then the morning after the four of us will mount up to ride among the buffalo bows at full draw....
                    surely a sight to behold.
                    later,
                    charlie

Comment

Those extra 'u's' were part of the language long before they were taken by former colonials only to be abused as few letters have endured. "U'all know what I'm taking about!
                      Captain, I have girls flocking to me on many days. Unfortunately, they are so busy patting my dogs that they barely notice me. Yes, my dogs are girl magnets and they have the ladies full attention. Sad to say but I am just 'the' guy holding the leash.
                      I apologize to the forum for setting off a Holy War between Texas and Wisconsin. I sure hope Utah doesn't hear about this Promised Land stuff or there could be real trouble brewing.
                      I realize some of my lotto spending notions were pretty foolish. Having given it more careful consideration I have decided an all wheel drive Porsche would be one of my hunting vehicles.

Comment

JM If did not intend to convey any contempt or bitterness in my responses to the question of spending lotto winnings. I liked the question! So, the answer is no I was not being sarcastic, I was just having fun.

Comment

No one has ever accused you of being on the cutting edge up there Kody. That colonial time language has had several updates over the past couple centuries.
                          But I must say your choice of hunting vehicles has certainly taken a turn for the better. The Porsche will need a little jacking up in order to travel into my hunting country.
                          later,
                          charlie

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
                            by jhjimbo
                            If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                            Yesterday, 02:15 PM
                          • Pay it forward
                            by fitch270
                            I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                            10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
                          • Reloading Gear Order
                            by fitch270
                            I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                            10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
                          • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                            by dewman
                            Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                            10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
                          • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                            by Ernie
                            Any handgun hunters here?
                            Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                            10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X