Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I’m looking at getting a new bow. Right now I have a Browning Midas that I bought used. It only shoots 40 lbs. and I was looki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m looking at getting a new bow. Right now I have a Browning Midas that I bought used. It only shoots 40 lbs. and I was looki

I’m looking at getting a new bow. Right now I have a Browning Midas that I bought used. It only shoots 40 lbs. and I was looking at getting one that shoots 50-60 lbs (it will be used mostly for deer). I’ve been looking at Bear or PSE ready-to-hunt packages. Is there another brand that I should be looking for? I would like to keep the cost under $600. Thanks in advance for your help!

My oldest son and I started bow hunting 2 years ago. I had the same $600 limit you do. I went to the local Bass Pro and shot every package bow they had in that price range. I found the Martin Pantera to suit me the best. My son had about $400 to spend and ended up buying a Parker Blazer package after shooting all of them in that range. They have both performed flawlessly for us the last two seasons.

Comment

Yeah, Bear, Parker, PSE, and Martin all make good bargain bows, although I've heard some of Parker's models can be a bit cheaply made. But if it was me,I would look seriously at Diamond, which is a bargain line made by Bowtech, and I've heard they are nearly as good as the high-priced Bowtechs, only much cheaper.

Comment

I agree with huntfishtrap,
        Check out diamond as well.

Comment

I have a Bear "Charge" as my starter bow. The entire set-up cost me $400. I shoot 2" groups at 40-yards, and have arrowed deer with no problems out to 35-yards.
          Lord knows I am no Robin Hood. The bow has served me well for a year, and I am in no hurry to "upgrade."

Comment

Mission bows are good beginner bows that run around $350 for the bow and you'll have $250 to put into your accessories. They are a Matthews brand. I have the Mission X3. Don't get caught up in the hype of the bow Nazi's, a "beginner" bow will do everything their bow will do except break the bank!

Comment

Diamond is a good bow. Thats what I have and started out with.

Comment

I would recommend looking at a diamond bow by bowtech. They offer some really fast bows most of them under 400 dollars.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Covid-19
                  by jhjimbo
                  Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

Tucker Carlson had a guest...
                  09-17-2020, 10:38 PM
                • Spur of the moment rifle
                  by Amflyer
                  I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
                  09-17-2020, 11:25 AM
                • The $20 Shooting Shack
                  by fitch270
                  So we’ve been doing some outside remodeling and dismantled some decking. The stuff wasn’t good enough to reuse on the house when we redo the decks...
                  09-16-2020, 10:23 PM
                • When is it equipment vs when it is you?
                  by dewman
                  one of my range only pals stopped by last night. I showed him my new mk4 and he showed me his. He had spent a lot of $ on upgrades. A lot. Showed me some...
                  09-15-2020, 08:42 AM
                • Dewman goes Teal hunting.
                  by dewman
                  So one of the farmers who doesn't hunt doves does hunt rails & snipe which opened the 1st, and teal which opened yesterday (Saturday). He asked me...
                  09-13-2020, 04:48 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X