Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm 15 and I am trying to take my dad whitetail deer hunting. Where are the spots to set up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 15 and I am trying to take my dad whitetail deer hunting. Where are the spots to set up?

I'm 15 and I am trying to take my dad whitetail deer hunting. Where are the spots to set up?

first of all i have no idea where you are to answer this question. if you were hunting my farm i could tell you where to go this is such a hard question to answer. give me some details on your area.

Comment

This is going to sound sarcastic, but go where there is deer. You have a ton of time to preseason scout, and that will show you where there is deer. Since we don't know where you are at, ask some hunters in your area that you know for some help on where to set-up. Also, on the web there is many specific state hunting website. You can learn a lot about your local area through this.

Comment

Take a walk around and check the sign. Talk to some guys down at the local sportsmens shop. Or even use the under utilized game warden or Fisheries and wildlife people. Uusally they will give you the lowdown on what's been seen where. Definitely read up on material to get a feel of where to look yourself. Food sources are an excellent place to start as well as places where deer are known to yard up.

Comment

One thing that could help to get him excited about it is to take him out scouting with you. Go out and glass to see where the deer are coming in and leaving the field. Try and locate their trails, follow them back and see if you can locate their bedding area. If you can do that then you can set up aways off the trail(s) and the bedding area.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 6.5-284 Borden/Alpine clone XP works great in the field - 588 yards
            by Ernie
            Dan Ekstrom and I have been looking for a shooter mule deer buck on public land.

For this area, Tuesday was the last day.

Yesterday, 10:06 AM
          • Outdoor Life archives
            by Scott123
            Has anyone missed reading Outdoor Life cover to cover archives? I get the run around on the phone about it may come back. Anyone else read it besides...
            10-23-2020, 11:23 PM
          • Blade Stain
            by jhjimbo
            Anybody have tips for getting stains off knife blades. I have a nice, K-Bar I would like to clean up and a 3" Western. All different kinds of stains,...
            10-23-2020, 11:40 AM
          • Home Defense
            by jhjimbo
            If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
            10-20-2020, 02:15 PM
          • Pay it forward
            by fitch270
            I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
            10-18-2020, 01:34 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X