Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can we as hunters save the Midwest deer hunting from becoming a rich man/woman's sport?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can we as hunters save the Midwest deer hunting from becoming a rich man/woman's sport?

How can we as hunters save the Midwest deer hunting from becoming a rich man/woman's sport?

There will always be opportunities for those who are not rich to hunt in the midwest =]. Just keep filling your tags and doing your best to introduce more people to hunting.

Comment

Two words: DON'T LEASE

Comment

2 more words: TOO LATE

Comment

We have very good public land in Ohio, and it's free.

Comment

Here in Florida it's Becoming Lease Land Club Hunting more and more our State Lands With all its Rules and Regs by Quota Hunts and with Bad Tempred Slob Hunters? the only way to go is with a Lease Clubs here. you are not alone Rugar007!

Comment

What is your definition of rich?
              Are you referring to equipment prices or land availability?
              If land I admit I am a bit confused because there is high quality public land all over the Midwest much is under used.
              There are major efforts going on now a days to make anyone who might have more than another out to be "rich" and therefore- somehow bad. I trust this is not the goal of your question.
              later,
              charlie

Comment

Hunting doesn't have to be expensive. Availability of hunting land can be, which I am assuming is the crux of the question. The fear of losing private land to a lease seems to be partially driving more hunters to seek a land lease for otherwise freely available private property. I'm not a fan of the lease but I understand both sides of the financial equation. The alternative is to work hard to develop a relationship with a land owner who may ultimately be loyal to you when a lease offer is presented by another. I hunt next to a lease on ground owned by my family and I also hunt on the farm that borders the lease. When the leasees tried to lease the neighbors farm, the owner declined, thus preserving our long standing relationship....for now.

Comment

Public land is available, but travel time can be a problem. Especially if you like to scout or put a stand (which may or may not be there when you return!)Private land is still the best hunting but hardest to access. Sometimes it's more about who you know than how much you got to spend!

Comment

I've always kept an ear open 365 days a year for places to hunt,I lose property and pick up property and never lacked from having a fair number to hunt.SOME i bowhunt only, and some are not much more than 5 or ten acres.I trade with friends on take me alongs and have had success on public ground.

Comment

ALSO ALWAYS SHARE YOUR HUNTS AND PROCESSED MEAT WITH LAND OWNERS,AND FRIENDS, TAKE PICTURES AND SHARE THEM AS WELL.I have a friend that denied me access for years and when he finally said yes ,I said I didn't really want to hunt I was just checking where is heart was at,when asking for permission don't make it seem like it's the end.

Comment

When you figure it out let me know so we can implement it in the south,,,

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget