Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone found any shed antlers yet?

anyone found any shed antlers yet?

Found a fork horn and a old 4 point left over from previous years. All chewed up and bone white. Just found my first fresh 3 point last week. No snow on the ground makes them hard to spot. I am in eastern PA so should really start losing them soon. With the warm weather I think they will be more spread out then in prvious years. In bad snow years I find most on south facing slopes. We will see what this year holds.

Comment

Found around 20 so far, we've only been hittin the haystacks and fields though. Were waiting a little longer to start hitting the brush, hopefully most will be dropped by then.

Comment

Bucks are still in rut here down south---it'll be a while yet before I can find any sheds.

Comment

Havent found any sheds, but I did see a buck with only one antler left standing so its about time to start looking.

Comment

The last couple of days I have seen a couple of nice big bucks with both sides still on. I saw a six point with a rack that is beyond amazing I hope I can locate both sides. Is the weather keeping them on longer this year?

Comment

Here in Iowa the mild weather's kept them on later than usual, but I have found two, in my first two trips. One was a runty spike from last year, not sure how I missed it then, since I had blanketed that area. The other was a nice (~60") 5 point side off a hit list buck, it was already pretty chewed, surprisingly.

Comment

Found a matched set from a small 8pt then another thick 4-point shed. Ohio.

Comment

Not yet... but hoping
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by buckhunter View Post
                    Found a matched set from a small 8pt then another thick 4-point shed. Ohio.
                    That's pretty good!

Comment

Originally posted by huntfishtrap View Post
                      Here in Iowa the mild weather's kept them on later than usual, but I have found two, in my first two trips. One was a runty spike from last year, not sure how I missed it then, since I had blanketed that area. The other was a nice (~60") 5 point side off a hit list buck, it was already pretty chewed, surprisingly.
                      I'm thinking the squirrels get to them fairly quick in my area.

Comment

Originally posted by IND_NRA View Post
                        The last couple of days I have seen a couple of nice big bucks with both sides still on. I saw a six point with a rack that is beyond amazing I hope I can locate both sides. Is the weather keeping them on longer this year?
                        Perhaps...

Comment

Originally posted by pineywoods View Post
                          Bucks are still in rut here down south---it'll be a while yet before I can find any sheds.
                          Yep, our rut does run longer.

Comment

Originally posted by montananative View Post
                            Found around 20 so far, we've only been hittin the haystacks and fields though. Were waiting a little longer to start hitting the brush, hopefully most will be dropped by then.
                            They must be easier to find in your area. I never seem to see any.

Comment

Originally posted by Downrigger70 View Post
                              Found a fork horn and a old 4 point left over from previous years. All chewed up and bone white. Just found my first fresh 3 point last week. No snow on the ground makes them hard to spot. I am in eastern PA so should really start losing them soon. With the warm weather I think they will be more spread out then in prvious years. In bad snow years I find most on south facing slopes. We will see what this year holds.
                              Heading to Eastern PA next week and will try to get into some woods close to the job site.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
                                by jhjimbo
                                If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                                Today, 02:15 PM
                              • Pay it forward
                                by fitch270
                                I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                                10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
                              • Reloading Gear Order
                                by fitch270
                                I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                                10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
                              • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                                by dewman
                                Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                                10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
                              • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                                by Ernie
                                Any handgun hunters here?
                                Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                                10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X