Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone found any shed antlers yet?

anyone found any shed antlers yet?

Found a fork horn and a old 4 point left over from previous years. All chewed up and bone white. Just found my first fresh 3 point last week. No snow on the ground makes them hard to spot. I am in eastern PA so should really start losing them soon. With the warm weather I think they will be more spread out then in prvious years. In bad snow years I find most on south facing slopes. We will see what this year holds.

Comment

Found around 20 so far, we've only been hittin the haystacks and fields though. Were waiting a little longer to start hitting the brush, hopefully most will be dropped by then.

Comment

Bucks are still in rut here down south---it'll be a while yet before I can find any sheds.

Comment

Havent found any sheds, but I did see a buck with only one antler left standing so its about time to start looking.

Comment

The last couple of days I have seen a couple of nice big bucks with both sides still on. I saw a six point with a rack that is beyond amazing I hope I can locate both sides. Is the weather keeping them on longer this year?

Comment

Here in Iowa the mild weather's kept them on later than usual, but I have found two, in my first two trips. One was a runty spike from last year, not sure how I missed it then, since I had blanketed that area. The other was a nice (~60") 5 point side off a hit list buck, it was already pretty chewed, surprisingly.

Comment

Found a matched set from a small 8pt then another thick 4-point shed. Ohio.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget