Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should i get a remington model 7600 30-06 carbine brand new synthetic stock for 479 dollars i have the older model 7600 in a 270

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i get a remington model 7600 30-06 carbine brand new synthetic stock for 479 dollars i have the older model 7600 in a 270

should i get a remington model 7600 30-06 carbine brand new synthetic stock for 479 dollars i have the older model 7600 in a 270 mint condition and my dad as the mid late 80s style 7600 in 280rem i love them both

Your dads may acutally be a 760 instead of a 7600. Both me and my dad shoot 760, his is 30-06 and mine is 300 savage. All but a couple of our guys shoot 760 in 30-06 and one has a 7600 in -06. In my opinion, if your only hunting deer or black bear, the 270 is all you need.

Comment

I'm not a fan of sythetic stock rifles. Like Smitty said, I think a .270 is enough. It will kill elk/black bear/etc. not only deer.
      I would just keep using the .270 if I was you.

Comment

I think the 7600 replaced the 760 in 1982, I'm not positive. but thats not a bad price, hell if you like it buy it thats a good caliber, so is the one you have but who has enough guns.

Comment

I would agree with some of the posts here that unless you need a 30-06 for a specific purpose why would you not use your 270?

Comment

In my opinon theres not much that the 30-06 can do that the 270 can't, but if u feel like you need the -06 why not it seems like a half decent price.

Comment

no my dads is a 7600

Comment

thank you for the opinions my point exsactaly is that the price is verry good and i only have 2 rifles whats 3 for a good price gonna hurt

Comment

You can never have too many guns!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Remington news
                    by fitch270
                    Just caught this on another forum, wanted to pass it along and get thoughts from anyone interested. Hopefully something good will come out of it.
                    09-27-2020, 05:55 PM
                  • Grips and stocks
                    by dewman
                    so I was shooting the 357 I received from my father yesterday afternoon. The magnas that came on it gave me a good grip but were small enough to make...
                    09-27-2020, 08:55 AM
                  • Youth pheasant hike
                    by fitch270
                    Just the girl and the younger dog today. Ok, so we went hunting but she didn't pop a primer.

Started out with a guilt trip, I let the dogs...
                    09-26-2020, 08:41 PM
                  • Son of a Fitch; goin' mobile
                    by fitch270
                    Kid got his drivers license today, only points off were for not actually turning to look behind him when he pulled out from parallel parking. I told him...
                    09-25-2020, 08:27 PM
                  • Unusual Sound
                    by jhjimbo
                    At camp in S. Ohio I was almost asleep and I heard the strangest howl-screech, bark that I have ever heard. Raised the hair on my neck. About 30min later...
                    09-25-2020, 02:17 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X