Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone help me out,I had back surgery and I still want to bow hunt this year. I don't know if I can pull a bow back a hold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone help me out,I had back surgery and I still want to bow hunt this year. I don't know if I can pull a bow back a hold

Can someone help me out,I had back surgery and I still want to bow hunt this year. I don't know if I can pull a bow back a hold it. Is a 45 lbs bow good to kill a deer.

JMO~~ Go with a Cross-Bow? no hold back

Comment

45lb will get the job done,its the legal minimum draw weight for archery hunting big game animals in my parts.If legal,I would suggest treestand's advice on using a crossbow.

Comment

45 pounds will get the job done. I got my first archery deer kill at 37 pounds and my second at 40 pounds. Both of them were big bodied 6 points.

Comment

45# is what my mom used up until about 10 years ago and it always got the job done(and that was years ago, now they have better broadheads etc.).

Comment

Yep, that'll do the job as long as you are conservative in your shot selection, and use an arrow/broadhead setup for maximum penetration.

Comment

Hi...

If you're going to use your 45er for deer, please inquire as to whether or not you state deems it legal for big game.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Dads gun #2 Browning auto5 20ga
                by dewman
                Last time it was shot was a pheasant hunt in Colorado in '84. I'll have to remedy that. This gun is feather light. Wish the choke was ic or mod. It's...
                Yesterday, 08:40 AM
              • Dads gun #1 S&W 28-2. .357
                by dewman
                Got my fathers 28-2 357 to go with my 29-2 44mag. Check out the safari land flap holster. ...
                Yesterday, 07:59 AM
              • What is taking so long ?
                by jhjimbo
                Can't be that hard for the Administrator to 86 the spammers....
                09-21-2020, 07:52 PM
              • Burn cream
                by CD2
                Drugstore used to carry a white silver cream.
                No longer does.
                Was maybe 10 bucks or so for a little tube.
                Bargain.

Got...
                09-21-2020, 05:39 PM
              • Colorado surprise. Couple of dads guns.
                by dewman
                So even with all the wrangling being done to screw we 4 sons of my father I got a little lucky. Even though my stepmom is still alive and her 3 sons from...
                09-20-2020, 10:12 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X