Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I would like some help on what things are needed for hunting, so if anyone thinks they know what things are actually needed for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like some help on what things are needed for hunting, so if anyone thinks they know what things are actually needed for

I would like some help on what things are needed for hunting, so if anyone thinks they know what things are actually needed for hunting please answer. Thanks! P.S. No extra things please (Example: calls, outwear ext).

You never go anywhere without a good knife. Beyond that the weapon of your choice. ammo, and a good length of rope.

Comment

A good,sturdy pair of boots.Very important,it's not fun if your in pain the whole time.

Comment

On top of the boots(or should I say inside) you will want some nice warm socks.

Comment

patience,persistence,practice,preparedness,positiv e attitude,paying attention to detail

Comment

Need more info to adequately answer your query. What will you be hunting and where?

Comment

Knowledge. First if you first read up on the subject and study it, you will be armed with knowledge that will help with whatever endeavor you tackle. You would not use an elephant gun to hunt rats in a dump, and you would not use a BB gun to hunt elephants. First know your prey and where it is. Then you can select the best way to hunt it and what equipment would be of benefit.

Comment

Hello Noah,
                If you ask an experienced hunter what equipment is really necessary, it may require some careful consideration prior to providing an answer. You see, the longer you hunt the more you are able to convince yourself that the items you 'want' are items you 'need'. The firearm manufacturers and the folks who sell hunting gear of every description are hoping every hunter will become a paraphernalia freak. You are right to start with the basics and keep it simple until such time as your bank account allows you to get some of the fancy accessories. I'm not sure if you are planning on hunting squirrels or Cape Buffalo so it is difficult to make any specific recommendations. In general, a rifle or shotgun suited to your hunting needs and knowing how to safely handle the firearm is the first step. You likely have clothing and footwear which is right for your area so that should not be a problem. Hopefully, you have a friend or member of your family with some experience who will be your hunting companion. Good luck!

Comment

JMO~ You need a Dependable Car/Truck a Place to Hunt,
                  it Depends on what Game you hunt..Small or Big?
                  a Good GPS unit,Cell Phone,Water or Hot Drink, a Dependable Fire arm,Rifle/Shotgun,good scope or bird shot or slugs,belt knife/pockit knife, Snake Boots if
                  your in snake country(Florida)Small first Kit,a lenth of rope all in a back pack....and Hunting Lic.

Comment

Hi, Noah...

All kinds of good advice below...but...do you have a budget, or is money no object?

Typically, you would sort out the advice as it pertains to you, then see if your budget will handle the requirements.

And don't forget to include items which you might need in case of an emergency: overnight gear, cell phone and/or satellite rescue device, fire making items, extra food, ad infinitem.

Good luck with your hunting.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Lost some cover; pic heavy
                      by fitch270
                      ​ ​ ​ Long story shorter, my Aunt’s 70’ish year old spring line plugged up last Friday, a combination of old iron pipe and poly. The only way to...
                      Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                    • Covid-19
                      by jhjimbo
                      Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

Tucker Carlson had a guest...
                      09-17-2020, 10:38 PM
                    • Spur of the moment rifle
                      by Amflyer
                      I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
                      09-17-2020, 11:25 AM
                    • The $20 Shooting Shack
                      by fitch270
                      So we’ve been doing some outside remodeling and dismantled some decking. The stuff wasn’t good enough to reuse on the house when we redo the decks...
                      09-16-2020, 10:23 PM
                    • When is it equipment vs when it is you?
                      by dewman
                      one of my range only pals stopped by last night. I showed him my new mk4 and he showed me his. He had spent a lot of $ on upgrades. A lot. Showed me some...
                      09-15-2020, 08:42 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X