Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE BAN ON SUNDAY HUNTING IN PENN. WAS REPEALED OR NOT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE BAN ON SUNDAY HUNTING IN PENN. WAS REPEALED OR NOT?

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE BAN ON SUNDAY HUNTING IN PENN. WAS REPEALED OR NOT?

virginia is another state with this ridculouse rule,I;M not sure how many other states have this same rule but times are a changeging,I laugh when someone says give game a rest on sunday,thats all animals do is eat and rest.

Comment

It has not and hopefully never will be repealed.
      Smitty18

Comment

Smitty, explain why you feel it should not be repealed. It seems to me that in this world today with work being so important and time off taking a back seat, that your average person would like an extra day to hunt on the weekend. It would let a lot of folks hunt two days and not have to be off work during the week.

Comment

Smitty,
          I don't mean to pile on but this attitude has been frustrating me here PA. If you feel that you have other priorities on Sunday that should keep you from hunting, please feel free to stay home. However, I have other priorities Monday to Friday, and often Saturday. Sunday hunting would be nice.

Comment

I feel that Sunday hunting should not be unbanned for a few reasons.
            One is that the animals need a day to rest. Look at it from their point of view. Getting chased all week long would make you want a day to relax to right?
            People say that they dont get to hunt on saturdays or during the week but if that was really true, why buy a hunting license. Some might say that i am a kid and dont have any other priorities other than school so i can hunt all saturday and evenings during the week. But by the time i get home from school i have a half hour of light on a day with no clouds. I also have a job and work both saturdays and sundays as well as during the week. I still find time to hunt and do chores around the house.
            The number of animals the game commission is allowing to be killed is also far too high to allow another day. If you want sunday hunting then AT LEAST get rid of the extra spring gobbler tag and make MASSIVE doe license reductions. Also go to two weeks buck only and 3 days of concurrent season. These would be the minimum of things that should happen before sunday hunting is ever allowed.

Comment

Smitty, you hit the nail on the head with Sunday hunting. And if anybody following this thing would also know that if Sunday hunting is passed that people of the Farming ACC. said alot more land would be posted. I don't know about anybody else but good hunting grounds are hard to find. If Sunday hunting is passed it should only be on state land and the number of doe tags should be cut, along with the season length. But go ahead open it up get all the land posted and kill all the game left in PA so our children have no where or nothing to hunt!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
                by jhjimbo
                If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                Yesterday, 02:15 PM
              • Pay it forward
                by fitch270
                I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
              • Reloading Gear Order
                by fitch270
                I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
              • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                by dewman
                Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
              • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                by Ernie
                Any handgun hunters here?
                Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X