Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my cousins gave me some arrows that they didn't use anymore and some of them had missing feathers and some had missing points. I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my cousins gave me some arrows that they didn't use anymore and some of them had missing feathers and some had missing points. I

my cousins gave me some arrows that they didn't use anymore and some of them had missing feathers and some had missing points. I made some feathers out of some old cards and when I tried them on my GreenFox Recurve they cut my hand What else could I use

If the arrows are in good shape it would be worth the money to get them fletched correctly.

Comment

PAPER CUT! Go to Wal-Mart and by some shrink wrap fletchings for $10.

Comment

horse feathers,I'VE ALWAYS BEEN ABLE TO GET THEM TO STAY ON.

Comment

They make all kinds of re-fletching kits. I think in this case it is easier to do-it-youself with a little bit of help.

Comment

If you cant figure out how to properly fletch an arrow (i would suggest buying fletching instead of using house hold objects) i am sure your local bow shop should be happy to help.
            Good luck,
            Smitty18

Comment

When I was younger, I used to make my own arrows from scratch. I used duck frathers split with a single edge razor blade and shaped with a pair of scissors. I used Testor's hot fuel proof glue to attach them to the shafts. I carved nocks and wound #8 sewing thread around them to keep the shaft from spliting. I used birch dowels for shafts because the local hardware store did not have cedar. The only place close to me that sold arrows was a Western Auto store and they were cedar but you had to pick through them and hardly ever found any straight ones, thus the reason to make my own. I shot a lot of birds out of my mother's grape arbor and did not want the arrows to stick into anything so I glued spent 22 shells to the end of the arrows to make them dumb dumbs. Shot with a 48# Ben Pearson recurve, they were very effective. Todays compound bows would explode my old wood arrows, but the duck feathers with super glue should still work on modern arrows. If you know someone with a Blue and Gold Macaw Parrot, the old tail feathers would make beautiful arrow fletching because they are somewhat water resistant and have blue on the top side and yellow on the underside.

Comment

Um, not to sound obvious, but regular feathers or fletchings will work a lot better for you than messing around with stuff like cards.

Comment

we had chickens but we gave them away and I shot one. And my ducks don't like the cold so I can't take theirs. I guess I have to wait until goose season

Comment

You can make them out of duct tape.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Dads gun #2 Browning auto5 20ga
                      by dewman
                      Last time it was shot was a pheasant hunt in Colorado in '84. I'll have to remedy that. This gun is feather light. Wish the choke was ic or mod. It's...
                      Yesterday, 08:40 AM
                    • Dads gun #1 S&W 28-2. .357
                      by dewman
                      Got my fathers 28-2 357 to go with my 29-2 44mag. Check out the safari land flap holster. ...
                      Yesterday, 07:59 AM
                    • What is taking so long ?
                      by jhjimbo
                      Can't be that hard for the Administrator to 86 the spammers....
                      09-21-2020, 07:52 PM
                    • Burn cream
                      by CD2
                      Drugstore used to carry a white silver cream.
                      No longer does.
                      Was maybe 10 bucks or so for a little tube.
                      Bargain.

Got...
                      09-21-2020, 05:39 PM
                    • Colorado surprise. Couple of dads guns.
                      by dewman
                      So even with all the wrangling being done to screw we 4 sons of my father I got a little lucky. Even though my stepmom is still alive and her 3 sons from...
                      09-20-2020, 10:12 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X