Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two years ago I had 4 stands stolen from our family hunting property. I now chain and padlock all my stands. Last spring I disco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two years ago I had 4 stands stolen from our family hunting property. I now chain and padlock all my stands. Last spring I disco

Two years ago I had 4 stands stolen from our family hunting property. I now chain and padlock all my stands. Last spring I discovered that someone is stealing scrap metal from our junk pile. So far they have taken an old refridgerator and 3 AC units. The junk pile was there before we bought the property and we havent added to it. It just bothers me that someone is stealing from us. Any suggestions on what to do to deter them short of setting trail cams up all over the property?

We have gone through simular things at our farm. Sad thing is that if someone wants to steal something bad enough they usually can. One idea I read that I liked was putting up a sign that says "Smile, your on camera" or something simular to make them think that they might get caught. Good luck, hope you find a way to stop the theft.

Comment

cash in on the junk pile your self/

Comment

Put up a sign FREE this will help you clear up that Junk Heap?

Comment

The pile is only accessable by a narrow atv trail. I dont really want to clear it out wide enough to get a backhoe and dump truck back there. Plus we have always used it as a target for plinking. The fridge and AC units probably had 1000+ bullet holes in them each.

Comment

All good hints. Also, let your local law enforcement know what's going on...they may be loking for them, also.

Comment

Trespassers will be shot, survivors will be shot again.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Lost some cover; pic heavy
                by fitch270
                ​ ​ ​ Long story shorter, my Aunt’s 70’ish year old spring line plugged up last Friday, a combination of old iron pipe and poly. The only way to...
                Yesterday, 06:07 PM
              • Covid-19
                by jhjimbo
                Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

Tucker Carlson had a guest...
                09-17-2020, 10:38 PM
              • Spur of the moment rifle
                by Amflyer
                I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
                09-17-2020, 11:25 AM
              • The $20 Shooting Shack
                by fitch270
                So we’ve been doing some outside remodeling and dismantled some decking. The stuff wasn’t good enough to reuse on the house when we redo the decks...
                09-16-2020, 10:23 PM
              • When is it equipment vs when it is you?
                by dewman
                one of my range only pals stopped by last night. I showed him my new mk4 and he showed me his. He had spent a lot of $ on upgrades. A lot. Showed me some...
                09-15-2020, 08:42 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X