Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just took a small spike about three weeks ago in the area ive been hunting but my trail cam shows a really nice six point buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just took a small spike about three weeks ago in the area ive been hunting but my trail cam shows a really nice six point buck

I just took a small spike about three weeks ago in the area ive been hunting but my trail cam shows a really nice six point buck and many does problem is all the latest pics are at night between 11o pm and 2o am if the only time they appear is at that time is there a way to change this pattern and get them to come to my in the morning after im in my stand (im in my stand before sun up

Start still hunting and try to get on him at likely bedding locations or get some one to kick him up for you and hope he crosses your way.

Comment

Not really. More hunting pressure may cause them to get up and move. The reason so many big bucks can survive 6+ years in a heavily hunted area is because they become nocturnal. Wait for the moon patern to change, they are especially nocturnal during 3/4+ moon.

Comment

Try and find his bedding area and set up closer to it and you might get a shot during legal light. But there is a fine line to walk not to push him out of the area, this will happen if you spook him a few times.

Comment

Doing a small drive/nudge is about the only way I know of to get a crack at very nocturnal deer, otherwise you can wait till kingdom come and might never see him unless you get lucky and he follows a hot doe out of the cover.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget