Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

im tryn to decide between the gerber lmf 2 or my coldsteel kukri for my survival pack . any help. thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im tryn to decide between the gerber lmf 2 or my coldsteel kukri for my survival pack . any help. thanks

im tryn to decide between the gerber lmf 2 or my coldsteel kukri for my survival pack . any help. thanks

Put both in there. Not much space and it cant be too much heavier.

Comment

What else are you putting in your pack?

Comment

a pistol, 2 boxes of rounds, fishing kit,fisrtaid kit, 2 mre,a heavy duty plastic bag wit some tyerapes.and something to start a fire with probbly a sparker and some vassalenned cotton balls. its a backpack sized pack.

Comment

If the survival pack is for a war then both. If its to to go along with you on remote trips then the Gerber, though I think a Mora or two would be just fine.

Comment

I agree with Mike, if you're going out expecting a battle you might need both. No one knife will meet all your needs. I prefer a 4" bladed Anza jnife as my primary survival knife.I am curious as to the caliber of your pistol. I also carry an 8x8 foot sheet of 2-3 mil plastic tarp and 50 foot of paracord.
            IMO, you need 3-5 ways to start a fire. There are many flint and steel devices out there, The magnesium fire bar, StrikeForce, BlastMatch, Swedish Army FireSteel, they are all good (IF you have practiced with them at home and ARE proficient with them prior to the real need for them. The Magnesium fire bar can be shaved down before you go out and the shavings store nicely in a 35 mm film canister, Dryer lint also makes good tinder material.
            I never rely on just one measure, because Mr. Murphy likes to show up at very inopportune times and change the situation where your Plan A will either not work or be lost.
            As Mr. Murphy likes to say "Any contingency planned for will not happen and any contingency NOT planned for will happen."
            I hate Mr. Murphy, he just doesn't understand he is not wanted here.

Comment

its a 10mm glock 20 and i have the swedish army fire steel i use it alot on boyscout trips. my dad has the blast match they are very easy to use once you get used to it.i also have another question would a sling pack work better then a regular doublestrap.

Comment

The gerber has a serrated edge which can be good and bad but it also has holes in the handle so you can make a spear out of it. The sheath for the gerber has a built in sharpener which would be very handy plus its almost 3 times smaller than the kukri. The kukri is alot less expensive than the gerber and can be used for chopping wood or cutting through thick vegetation. Personally I would take the gerber but it really depends on where your going.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget