Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Me and my dad found another great stand area just a 5 minute walk from our house! We also got permission from 2 of our other nei

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me and my dad found another great stand area just a 5 minute walk from our house! We also got permission from 2 of our other nei

Me and my dad found another great stand area just a 5 minute walk from our house! We also got permission from 2 of our other neighbours! The Quiestion I would like a lever action 308 but should I get a rotary magasine or sport the extra money and buy a clip model from Browning. And there is a Browning BLR 308 with a Redfield scope for only $600! Is it a good buy? (Its on http://ebrandon.ca/ItemView.aspx?item_id=525816) Thanks

I think either will work...just comes down to personal preference. Personally I would never want a clip on a lever gun, just sounds wrong to me.

Comment

JM1993,
      Do you use a tubeluar or rotary lever

Comment

I hunt with a Winchester 1894 .30-30(Tubular Magazine) that my grandpa passed down to me(was made in 1899 but still shoots like it just came out of the box). That gun has killed atleast one deer for 112 years straight - pretty cool 'eh?. John Browning actually designed the Winchester 1894 .30-30 if you did not know, so I bet the Browning BLR is a great weapon.

Comment

The Browning is a great gun that takes the lever action to a new level. It maintains the quick handling qualities of the old lever actions while presenting advantages as well. Easy to scope...some models such as their take down model allow for a scout type mount right on the barrel as well. The Browning barrels are of a higher standard than many of the other manufacturers. On the down side I have been told by guys who used their BLR's in extreme cold (-30) that the action can sustain damage. I am no longer tough enough, make that foolish enough, to go hunting in 30 below so it is not a problem for me. I love that BLR and would not do it the injustice of mounting a scope if my eyes were up to the task. The rifle begs to be fired with that open sight on the shoulder of a big buck and not to be burdened with a scope.

Comment

Hi...

I've used a Savage .308 for many years...with a rotary mag, and was extremely satisfied with it.

I, too, would never consider mounting a scope on it.

Comment

Bob, I meet many fans of the Savage 99 who are especially fond of the 300 Savage and the 250-3000 (250 Savage). Great calibers even by today's standards. Combine them with a classic like the 99 and you have a keeper.

Comment

I had a BLR in 308. It is one of those situations where you look back and say "Why did I sell that rifle?" It was a damn fine rifle. Kody, I don't do the -30 degrees either.

Comment

Hauled it out of the cabinet just to shoulder the thing a few times. Next year..so many fine guns and so little time.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget