Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just for the record i use ever part of the deer possible. but my question is, is it illegal to shoot a deer (for example) and ju

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just for the record i use ever part of the deer possible. but my question is, is it illegal to shoot a deer (for example) and ju

just for the record i use ever part of the deer possible. but my question is, is it illegal to shoot a deer (for example) and just take the head or antlers? i have seen this in the woods a few times...

In Missouri it is illegal to leave "commonly edible" parts of the animal. Sadly where I live, if only the antlers are gone it is a poacher. If you arent going to eat it yourself donate it.

Comment

If it isn't where you are it should be.

Comment

"Retrieval of game

Anyone who kills or injures a deer must make a reasonable effort to retrieve and include the animal in his or her season limit, but this does not authorize trespass. It is a violation to wantonly leave or abandon commonly edible portions of game." Taken straight off of Missouri Conservation website.

Comment

If it's not illegal, it's certainly unethical and I have nothing but contempt for those who do it.

Comment

I've never hunted anywhere that just taking the head is legal.

Comment

Oklahoma has a "Wanton Waste" law which prohibits killing any game animal and just leaving the parts you don't want and taking the parts you do. You must make every possible effort to retrieve the animal and not let it go to waste. I think it is sad that we even have to have such laws, but we do because not everyone that ventures out into the woods is an ethical person.

Comment

I have found a deer shot and lost by some other hunter. The meat was inedible, as I have no idea how long it had lain there. It smelled. I cut off the rack and took it home. This may have appeared like waste of game, but it wasn't, unless you count the person who shot it and let it get away.

Comment

Hi...

Unless you're a poacher, you NEVER kill an animal just for the antlers. It's not only extremely wasteful, but nothing that I could ever believe was legal.

Seeing an "un-found" dead deer, especially one with the antlers only taken, should be reported immediately to your F&G authority.

Comment

I don't even know why you ask such a question, it's not only ethically wrong, but morally wrong...any hunter who just takes the head is no real hunter and no real man!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Son of a Fitch; goin' mobile
                      by fitch270
                      Kid got his drivers license today, only points off were for not actually turning to look behind him when he pulled out from parallel parking. I told him...
                      Today, 08:27 PM
                    • Unusual Sound
                      by jhjimbo
                      At camp in S. Ohio I was almost asleep and I heard the strangest howl-screech, bark that I have ever heard. Raised the hair on my neck. About 30min later...
                      Today, 02:17 PM
                    • bedding on new rifle
                      by Amflyer
                      Finally painted some release and on the action and blocked the undercuts with clay. Was out of the commercial release, a vinyl paint on solution by Brownells,...
                      Today, 12:22 AM
                    • Pictures blocked when logged out?
                      by fitch270
                      Can't quite figure this one out since it doesn't happen on F&S, if I'm not logged in posted pictures aren't showing up. Doubt its just me.
                      Yesterday, 08:57 PM
                    • Son of a Fitch: turkey taxidermy
                      by fitch270

The kid put this together with his solo bird from this spring. He split a slice of maple for the mounting board, dried the...
                      09-23-2020, 07:43 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X