Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the recoil comparason of a 25-06 to a 308

What is the recoil comparason of a 25-06 to a 308

A 25/06 is a fairly small caliber. Its good for deer and is supposed to be the best for antelope. A 308 is good for deer too, but it also works for most big game species in North America.

Comment

.308 does kick a little bit but then again it is a scaled down 30-06. Besides you wont feel it when you shoot an animal and i am small for my age (less then half a year to 16) and i shoot whistlepigs with the 308 when i dont feel like taking the varmit guns.

Comment

.308 is not bad at all. Like it has already been said, you wont even feel it when shoot at an animal.

Comment

I'm sure there is some kind of spec for felt recoil for every caliber out there, which I don't know but I do have and shoot both of them. they are not that different in felt recoil but the weight of the gun and grain bullet being shot has alot to do with it. I think if you are comfortable shooting one, the other should not be a problem for you.

Comment

25-06guy has the right of it. You will not feel much difference.

Comment

Recoil comparison table by Chuck Hawks:
              .25-06---100gr---12.5 recoil energy & 10.0 recoil velocity

.308---150gr---15.8 R.E. & 11.7 R.V.

Google that reference and put it on your favorites. It's a good resource.

Comment

Oops, that is foot pounds of energy and feet per second of velocity.

Comment

I usually don't trek very far,
                  when all around be black bears are.

Hi...

The Sportsman's Guide catalog usually has specs for any caliber of ammo...and they sell lots of different types.

As each type of ammo is shown in their catalogs, the specs are also shown right there, also.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget