Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isnt there two colors deer cant see from a flashlight? I thought one was red. I tried walking to my stand when it was just turni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isnt there two colors deer cant see from a flashlight? I thought one was red. I tried walking to my stand when it was just turni

Isnt there two colors deer cant see from a flashlight? I thought one was red. I tried walking to my stand when it was just turning from pitchblack to legal hours early this month and i was walking the stealthiest i could,still made noise and then jumped a doe which i could have shot near mystand. walking when the deer are is just not a good idea. they can hear the tiniest of noises. last yr i was pulling back my hammer (on a lever action) when it made a noise that barely broke the silence and the two does heard it fr 60 yards out and ran.

Supposedly no colorblind animal can see red lights. I think there are flashlights that have a red lense and a blue lense(the red one for night and the blue to follow blood trails). You still have to be conscience of the noise you are making when getting to your stand though.

Comment

To make sure you understood post they CAN see blue light.

Comment

No color in the world can cover the sound your making,practice your stalking skills ,or keep leaving an hour earlier each morning until your not spooking deer around your stand.TRY wearing drab looking colors,mix it up,you will bust more by movement or sound than you will them distinguishing what colr your wearing. hence camo . good luck

Comment

It's almost impossible to move around in the field without making some noise. That's why I go early enough that things can quiet down for awhile before shooting time. Preferably atleast a half hour before shooting time is what I try and do.

Comment

I recently went out in the morning about an hour before sunrise and I bumped a group of deer. They ran like crazy snorting the whole way. I thought my day was over. But then at first light here came a group of deer right under my stand. If you go early enough and accidentally bump deer, get in your stand quickly and quietly after and just sit there as still as possible, they may circle around later in the morning.

Comment

I would not trust that deer cannot see red light. Best to get in your stand early and quietly.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
                by jhjimbo
                If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                Yesterday, 02:15 PM
              • Pay it forward
                by fitch270
                I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
              • Reloading Gear Order
                by fitch270
                I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
              • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                by dewman
                Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
              • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                by Ernie
                Any handgun hunters here?
                Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X