Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Usually when does the pre-rut in the Midwest start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6phunter
    replied
    The pre-rut term starts when bucks lose velvet and begin dispersing to find thier own core areas,mid sept. thru early oct. the main rut is usually first week in nov. lots of activity two weeks prior.

Leave a comment:

• huntfishtrap
    replied
    Hey MNwhitetailhunter, don't write if you can't write well either, your post looks like it was text messaged by a Neanderthal! I do happen to know that the day length regulates the timing of the rut, but the weather definitely affects the daylight movement, which is what most hunters want to know about, and that was what I was talking about, if you'd actually read my post.

Leave a comment:

• MNwhitetailHunter
    replied
    dont answer if you ignorant. in the northern hemi, mid oct. main is mid nov and late rut is mid dec. decreasing in daylight starts rut, NOT WEATHER, weather just increases Activity. btw, during the main rut, most bucks fond does, hunt a week b4 hand when they are looking everywherere rut is around

source: "Whitetail Strategies: A No-Nonsense Approach to Successful Deer Hunting". this guy is a bio and hunter who bagged 13 B&C record bucks.

Leave a comment:

• huntfishtrap
    replied
    Well, it depends on what you call the "pre-rut", everybody seems to have their own opinion. But in general, and it can vary quite a bit from year to year depending on the weather, the daylight buck movement seems to start ramping up around Oct. 25, give or take a couple of days. My personal favorite time to hunt is when a strong cold front comes through during the last week of October, it always seems to get the mature bucks up and moving.

Leave a comment:

• pjsabella
    replied
    check out this link. Its from versus and it shows how the rut progresses throughout the us. Hope it helps!!

http://fromthelodge.nbcsports.com/author/thevsrutreport/

Leave a comment:

• Usually when does the pre-rut in the Midwest start?

Usually when does the pre-rut in the Midwest start?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Taxidermy man called
    by fitch270
    Teaser; We haven’t picked it up yet but plan to this afternoon after the Kid gets done with work.

Should have pics up this evening.
    Today, 09:54 AM
  • Ammo/guns: the other side of the coin
    by dewman
    All of you know my latest 7mm-08. Well, I had a fella today at the little gun store I loiter at offer me $1,000 for it and the scope. Offered $40 a box...
    03-02-2021, 09:36 PM
  • Ammunition vs. components.
    by Red Angus
    Throughout the course of my daily duties, questions occasionally form in my mind as I contemplate various matters and this question seemed to be a likely...
    03-02-2021, 11:03 AM
  • Deer population
    by Red Angus
    Over evening last weekend, Feb. 20-21, my wife and I counted 55 deer in the 2-1/2 miles before we got home. Groups ranged in size from 5 to 25. Such numbers...
    03-01-2021, 05:53 PM
  • Nice find poochie!
    by FirstBubba
    The kid's pup headed to the backyard after breakfast.
    THIS is what she found.

No longer viable due to traumatic head injuri...
    02-28-2021, 11:32 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X