Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody ever use Remington's Express Core-lokt ammo in .308 Winchester, 150 grain Core-lokt psp for hunting whitetail deer? If s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody ever use Remington's Express Core-lokt ammo in .308 Winchester, 150 grain Core-lokt psp for hunting whitetail deer? If s

Anybody ever use Remington's Express Core-lokt ammo in .308 Winchester, 150 grain Core-lokt psp for hunting whitetail deer? If so, did you have a good or bad result? Did you get good accuracy out of your rifle using these bullets?

Shot mine last year with .270 corelokts and was happy with their performance. Left a slightly larger than a quarter exit wound.

Comment

Thanks Yoda for your answer......

Comment

That was all I used in my 308 before I started hand loading and they worked good. Now I use 150 gr SST hornady, but if you don't hand load and they group well, then there is no need for change.

Comment

Hi 25-06 guy..... Thanks for your input. I do handload and in my .270 I use Sierra Game Kings to practice with and Nosler Ballistic Tips for hunting with great results, both 150 grain bullets.
          I just got the .308 the other week. I plan on handloading for the .308, but by time I get the dies, powder, etc. I won't have time to work up a load for hunting season and deer hunting is right around the corner. So, I'm using the Remington ammo for now. I've been handloading for 15 years or so. This is the first time I bought factory ammo since I started handloading 15 years ago.

Comment

I use that cartrige for whitetails and have never had on move after the shot. They leave great exit wounds.

Comment

Thanks Smitty18 for your answer.

Comment

No problem Johnnie, nice to hear from you again.
                Smitty18

Comment

Buy the shells sight it in and put one on the ground, deer season is close, good luck.

Comment

Could have said it better myself 25-06. You ready for Saturday?

Comment

Yeah I'm ready how about you?

Comment

I already bought the shells, just need to sight-in now. I'll let you guys know when I get a deer with it this upcoming deer hunting season!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget