Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For anyone who has a ground blind how much do i need to blend it in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For anyone who has a ground blind how much do i need to blend it in.

For anyone who has a ground blind how much do i need to blend it in.

I usually try to put the ground blind under some low-lying tree branches. Then I usually cut some saplings from the area to secure in the blinds tie-downs. I don't go nuts with cover but feel it is good to have something to help break up the edges of the blind. I have just thrown the blind up with no cover and been perfectly fine as well. If I know I am going to leave my blind up for a while I will make sure to try to blend it in. You have to watch putting too many sticks, etc. in the the tie downs as they will wear out the surface of the blind and create a bunch of pin holes (this could be cause my blind is cheaper...)

Comment

More than blending in try not to have the blind sky lined from the direction the game is heading. The camo patterns used on blinds work well, but add some natural brush and things from around the area your hunting from if you want. Good luck.

Comment

READ. i was turkey hunting this past spring and had mine set up along a strip of trees next to a farm field. a turkey walked that strip right past and behind my blind, she even walked around by it for a few minutes. btw, turkey's eye sight is extremely good.

Comment

For deer it is extremely important to get your blind brushed in as early as possible to allow the deer to become accustomed to it. For turkeys though, you can throw a blind up minutes before the hunt. They do not seem aware of it.

Comment

It depends, for turkeys, not much, but for deer, as much as you can. I never brush in blinds at all for turkeys, and they never seem to mind, even if it was just put up. But deer freak out at the sight of an non brushed-in blind, If you leave it there a long time, say a few months, then some will get used to it, but some will be spooked no matter how long it has been there. So I try to brush it in until all the outline is broken up at the least, and preferably until it basically looks like a brush pile.

Comment

Assuming you have a blind made of non reflective fabric the 100 yd rule will apply-
              If you can set up the blind so deer will see it at least 100 yds away it will not spook them by the sight of it. (my blinds are set up at time of hunt in the location deer feed in the field. As they enter they stop look and assume the farmer left something in the field and walk right over to me.)
              If you set it up and the deer will be within 100 yds at first sight of the blind they will spook. In this case you must brush it in very well.(in this case I usually build a natural blind rather than mess around with a commercial blind.)
              Good hunting.
              later,
              charlie

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Colorado surprise. Couple of dads guns.
                by dewman
                So even with all the wrangling being done to screw we 4 sons of my father I got a little lucky. Even though my stepmom is still alive and her 3 sons from...
                Today, 10:12 PM
              • Now That's Service
                by jhjimbo
                Had my local Jeep dealer mount two tires and rotate some. When they did that they also spray painted my rims to cover up some brake dust stains I could...
                Today, 07:57 PM
              • Lost some cover; pic heavy
                by fitch270
                ​ ​ ​ Long story shorter, my Aunt’s 70’ish year old spring line plugged up last Friday, a combination of old iron pipe and poly. The only way to...
                Yesterday, 06:07 PM
              • Covid-19
                by jhjimbo
                Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

Tucker Carlson had a guest...
                09-17-2020, 10:38 PM
              • Spur of the moment rifle
                by Amflyer
                I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
                09-17-2020, 11:25 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X