Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often do you check your trail cameras during the off-season? I currently live 45 mins from where I hunt and have been going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often do you check your trail cameras during the off-season? I currently live 45 mins from where I hunt and have been going

How often do you check your trail cameras during the off-season? I currently live 45 mins from where I hunt and have been going in about every other week to see what is coming in. Just curious if I'm heading in too much. With bow season approaching I plan on not checking them as frequently to try to keep scent down to a minimum.

That is a far way to travel, I check mine every week but I only travel 2.5 miles, and I go in the middle of the day when most of the time the deer are bed down else where. With the price of fuel and all the time you spend getting your pics it might be worth checking into a camera that send the pics to your PC.

Comment

I go every 6 or 7 days, but most of the spots we hunt on are 15 minutes or less from our house, so I can see why you would want to go longer between checks. I would say that if your going to leave them in one spot that long at a time I would be much more careful about making sure the spots I put them are good, because believe me, there's nothing more frustrating than coming back after two weeks and finding that the camera only has 3 photos on it because you misjudged the quality of the spot!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget