Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do most of you treestand bowhunters use bow holders/hangers? I have yet to use one as I always want to have my bow ready but am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do most of you treestand bowhunters use bow holders/hangers? I have yet to use one as I always want to have my bow ready but am

Do most of you treestand bowhunters use bow holders/hangers? I have yet to use one as I always want to have my bow ready but am considering it this year. Anyone have any real issues with using them or any great benefits of them?

I use a bow hanger about 60 percent of the time and i have yet too have any problems. I generally try to spend at least 4 hours in the stand for the morning and evening hunts and having the hanger does make my cherished time afield a little more enjoyable.

Comment

I usually just lay weapon across my lap. being Prepared is one of my 6's.

Comment

I always use a bow hanger, and have never had a problem, I figure if a deer comes in so fast that you can't take 1 or 2 seconds to reach over and pick up your bow then you probably won't get a shot anyway. That's not to say that there couldn't be a situation where it could cost you a shot, but the chances of it are so slim that I prefer to hang the bow up rather than hold it for 3 or 4 hours, which can be a pain!

Comment

I use a bow hanger that attaches to my stand it keeps the bow close to your hand and easy to reach.

Comment

hanging onto the bow can tire muscle groups used in shooting.....if you practice carrying your bow or change hands it will lessen the impact.....nothing wrong with hanging onto it just recreate the practice of hanging onto the bow for extended periods and fatigue will not be a factor

Comment

hanging onto the bow can tire muscle groups used in shooting.....if you practice carrying your bow or change hands it will lessen the impact.....nothing wrong with hanging onto it just recreate the practice of hanging onto the bow for extended periods and fatigue will not be a factor

Comment

Comment

i always use a bow hanger for stand hunting. that way i can keep my hands warm and glass through my benoculars

Comment

Thanks for all the input! I bought a hanger for my stand and figured I would give it a try this year. I usually hunt from climbers so I can lay my bow across the shooting rail however the spot I wanted to hunt only allowed for hang-on stands.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget