Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your preferences for broadheads?? I shot my first deer a few years ago with a Muzzy that had the removable bleeder blad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your preferences for broadheads?? I shot my first deer a few years ago with a Muzzy that had the removable bleeder blad

What are your preferences for broadheads?? I shot my first deer a few years ago with a Muzzy that had the removable bleeder blade but am looking to buy some new ones. What are your favorites? Fixed, mechanical?

i am a fan of muzzy 3 blade fixed in 100 grain. shot a deer with a expandable broad head 3 years ago and it didnt open up and i had to track the deer 150 yards. the arrow went threw both lungs ever since then i dont use expandables

Comment

I have used fixed blade Muzzys for years, ever since I saw a Muzzy Rep. at a sports show shoot one through a 55 gal. steel barrel, and the blades were still intact.
      Since then I have taken alot of game with them, with no problems from the Muzzy Broadheads. This year I will be using the Muzzy MX-3 Broadhead
      in 100 gr.

Comment

Muzzy 100s. I also like Innerloc broadheads. Ive never lost a deer with either of them, Muzzys seem to cut much better but I have some old Innerlocs that fly just like field points

Comment

I am going to stick to my fixed blade broadheads for a while. A number of years ago I had the opportunity to buy a big batch of 125 gr Satellites. I'm still using them.

Comment

Muzzy 100 grain fixed blades all the way! I used Wasp Hammer SSTs when I started bowhunting, they were decent, but not great - the blades were too soft and brittle. Then I used Rocky Mountain Turbos for a year, and they were absolutely lethal despite the 1" cutting diameter, and they were tough as nails too. I stopped using them because A. they stopped making them, and B. they were a major pain in the butt to shoot when sighting them in - tiny little screws held in the blades, which I was forever looking for after I inevitably dropped them in the grass. Now I use the Muzzys and have nothing bad to say about them, they're tough, accurate, and kill fast(with a good hit of course). It's also super easy to swap the blades when sighting in.
            I've always thought about trying expandables just to see how they would work, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I do use em for turkeys though.

Comment

steelforce sabertooth fixed is my choice.

Comment

Rage mechanical, I did use rocket mini blasters for a long time but they changed the blade design and then I switched to the rage.

Comment

I would stick with Muzzy. I shoot a 75 Grain Fixed Blade and I love them. Good luck!

Comment

Fixed r more simple therefore will have less problems then expnd brdhd

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget