Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I often ask my wife to go hunting with me. She always tells me she would like to, but she worries about the need to use the rest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I often ask my wife to go hunting with me. She always tells me she would like to, but she worries about the need to use the rest

I often ask my wife to go hunting with me. She always tells me she would like to, but she worries about the need to use the restroom. Being a guy, I know we can usually just urinate into a bottle. What should I recommend telling my girlfriend? How do girls urinate when they are in a treestand? \- Patrick from West Virginia

Well if she spends time outdoors then, and depending on the location of your tree stand. Have her get out of the stand and move off in a direction were deer aren't likely to come from a reasonable distance. That's what I do, and I shot a deer last year. I'm sure a ton of other people also do that. Helps to leak in a puddle or hole or something to minimize it.

Comment

I am not sure that deer associate the smell of human urine with danger. I would be more concerned with the noise it would make falling from a treestand. That said, climbing down to answer the call of nature should not be a problem. It would just be bad timing if it happened to scare any deer nearby.

Comment

Just curious, who are you taking hunting your wife, or girlfriend? LOL

Comment

a company (not sure who) makes a portable urinal for females that is designed for the outdoors i have seen them i cabelas and catologs and been contemplating getting it for my wife because she always has to go after being in the stand for 45 minutes to an hour she is going to get it before deer season this year hopefully.

Comment

Mesarich, right on target,deer have no logic, they smell urine but don't translate it to humans being in the woods.lol I smell a marlboro must be a cowboy in the woods.

Comment

Hold IT!

Comment

Just make sure you don't bring them at same time, that could get a little awkward and dangerous lol

Comment

Sure hope Mrs Patrick does not read you question. You'll have a hard time explaining the urinating girlfriend. ;-D
                  later,
                  charlie

Comment

Most people who post on here have a pretty good sense of humor, and after I read your question I couldn't wait to read the answers! Thanks for the laughs, guys! I'm almost suprised they answered the actual question instead of just hacking on you for the wife/girlfriend mistake!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Remington news
                      by fitch270
                      Just caught this on another forum, wanted to pass it along and get thoughts from anyone interested. Hopefully something good will come out of it.
                      Yesterday, 05:55 PM
                    • Grips and stocks
                      by dewman
                      so I was shooting the 357 I received from my father yesterday afternoon. The magnas that came on it gave me a good grip but were small enough to make...
                      Yesterday, 08:55 AM
                    • Youth pheasant hike
                      by fitch270
                      Just the girl and the younger dog today. Ok, so we went hunting but she didn't pop a primer.

Started out with a guilt trip, I let the dogs...
                      09-26-2020, 08:41 PM
                    • Son of a Fitch; goin' mobile
                      by fitch270
                      Kid got his drivers license today, only points off were for not actually turning to look behind him when he pulled out from parallel parking. I told him...
                      09-25-2020, 08:27 PM
                    • Unusual Sound
                      by jhjimbo
                      At camp in S. Ohio I was almost asleep and I heard the strangest howl-screech, bark that I have ever heard. Raised the hair on my neck. About 30min later...
                      09-25-2020, 02:17 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X