Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do any of you guys leave a trail cam out all year or just closer to the season? My camera is out most of the year and I'm gettin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do any of you guys leave a trail cam out all year or just closer to the season? My camera is out most of the year and I'm gettin

Do any of you guys leave a trail cam out all year or just closer to the season? My camera is out most of the year and I'm getting some great bucks on it, how about you all?

I leave my trail cam out most of the year but no good bucks yet. I'll be checking tomorrow!

Comment

I may be something of a Luddite, but I don't use trail cameras. I like the spice of mystery in my hunting ground.

Comment

This is my first year using trail cameras. I've had them up for 3 weeks and just checked them today. So far only one buck has showed up. I like the idea of having them up a few months before season to get a grasp of what's in the area and their typical travel corridors. Plus, it is exciting to check your cameras and see what all decided to show up.

Comment

I leave one at a secluded mineral lick year round,closer to home I scout from treestands using binoculars.I'VE been watching a nice 9pt. and a monster 8pt. traveling together with younger bucks

Comment

I may be a little crazy, but I'm pretty hardcore about running cameras, although I'm actually not as dedicated as I used to be. I used to do camera surveys from about early June to February - basically from when you could first tell bucks apart until they shed their antlers - on all the properties that we hunt. The biggest -and last- year I did it we recorded 193 different bucks. I know that might be hard to believe, but it's true. I had it down to pretty much of a science by then, but moving three cameras around every week, and spending 1 or 2 hours almost every day sorting through the photos and comparing bucks got to be too much work and, and I got kind of burned-out, so I dropped the survey part of it. I still run cameras -now four of them- pretty dedicatedly, but I'm a little more relaxed about it than I used to be.
            Even when I was running them hardest I didn't put them out much from about the end of February through the middle of May though, no point in spending money on batteries and gas moving them around when there are no antlers to look at.

Comment

I use 1 camera and so far have gotten a bunch of does and a mom with 2 fawns that walks by once or twice a day. Only have 2 bucks, one has a spread that we estimate to be about 20 inches. The funny part is that he looks like a 4 or 5 year old deer on the decline in the antler department. He is only a 4 point. the other buck is a young deer who is a little 6 point.

Comment

I would like to use a scouting camera, but I hunt public land. I would like to purchase one for my property just to see whats hanging around my backyard.

Comment

I leave them out year round except during hunting season. Have 2 nice bucks so far on cam. Will try and put them on profile pics. You should do the same.

Comment

Had to look that one up pineywoods. Ya....Sure You Betcha......;-)
                    later,
                    charlie

Comment

Got my camera back from public land land today. it had been there two weeks nice 8 and nice 7pt

Comment

Use mine for census taking as in how many trespassers enter my land.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Lost some cover; pic heavy
                          by fitch270
                          ​ ​ ​ Long story shorter, my Aunt’s 70’ish year old spring line plugged up last Friday, a combination of old iron pipe and poly. The only way to...
                          Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                        • Covid-19
                          by jhjimbo
                          Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

Tucker Carlson had a guest...
                          09-17-2020, 10:38 PM
                        • Spur of the moment rifle
                          by Amflyer
                          I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
                          09-17-2020, 11:25 AM
                        • The $20 Shooting Shack
                          by fitch270
                          So we’ve been doing some outside remodeling and dismantled some decking. The stuff wasn’t good enough to reuse on the house when we redo the decks...
                          09-16-2020, 10:23 PM
                        • When is it equipment vs when it is you?
                          by dewman
                          one of my range only pals stopped by last night. I showed him my new mk4 and he showed me his. He had spent a lot of $ on upgrades. A lot. Showed me some...
                          09-15-2020, 08:42 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X