Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm from Michigan and I hope to do some bowhunting this year. The age limit to hunt deer with your bow by yourself is 17 but, do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• huntfishtrap
    replied
    Yeah, that law's pretty dumb. Is it that way for rifle hunting too, or just bow? In Iowa, you can legally hunt by yourself anytime after you get the regular hunter safety permit, which you can get at 11 years old, and I haven't heard of any awful hunting accidents here involving kids lately.
    I do think it is important for there to be a mentor of some kind before kids of that age start hunting by themselves, I know I probably shouldn't have started going by myself at 13 without my brother's help and instructions.

Leave a comment:

• floridahunter
    replied
    Yes the majority of hunting accidents happen to 21 year olds if ya know what I mean

Leave a comment:

• 6phunter
    replied
    absoutely" the state is trying to be your parent,I was rifle hunting at age 10.

Leave a comment:

• I'm from Michigan and I hope to do some bowhunting this year. The age limit to hunt deer with your bow by yourself is 17 but, do

I'm from Michigan and I hope to do some bowhunting this year. The age limit to hunt deer with your bow by yourself is 17 but, does anyone else think that considering most kids my age (14) are smart enough to hunt alone, they should offer a more advanced hunter safety class so kids like me can get a special license that alows us to hunt by ourselves?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget