Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wats the average temp on opening day (for whitetails) for you? Also include when it starts cus that makes a difference. Wats th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wats the average temp on opening day (for whitetails) for you? Also include when it starts cus that makes a difference. Wats th

Wats the average temp on opening day (for whitetails) for you? Also include when it starts cus that makes a difference. Wats the most extreme weather that u have hunted deer in ( temp or other conditions)?

It varies so much in SW PA I have hunted opening day in a flannel shirt and I have hunted opening day at 5 below. The first day of the season is the Monday after Thanksgiving.

Comment

I live in mn and it varies a lot last year it was about 40 the year before it was mid 50s i have had it in the low 20s the second week in and it stars about a week into november

Comment

It's usually still mosquito swatting weather here in southern Alabama. The season opens the Saturday before Thanksgiving.

Comment

in Florida Archery season starts mid sept. which believe it or not is after part of the rut where i live. weather is normally in the 80s

Comment

It starts on the first Saturday in Nov. Usually cold. But it varies . Back 30 yrs ago there was snow on the ground from wat I hear. Now I'd be lucky to c an inch. It's always possible to get really cold n deep snow in nov. But I hvnt seen it

Comment

I hunt NW PA and like 25-06 guy said, opening day conditions vary. As for the most extreme weather i have hunted in, i have hunted in negative 10 and below windchill with the snow actually going up because the wind was so strong during the late flintlock season. Needless to say there were some missfires but you could just about touch the deer if you walked up on them. Also, i was archery hunting during a tornado warning. That one was not by choice, one minute blue skys and the next pounding rain and alot of wind.

Comment

Worst I've hunted in (so far) was 10-20F with a terrible windchill.It was blizzarding. When I shot the deer it ran down the other side of the hill. I had to drag it up the hill through knee deep snow, then I literally could've used the deer as a sled to slide down the other side to the car if the snow wouldn't have been so deep. Thank the Lord for good helping friends!

Comment

In Arkansas bow deer season runs fom October 1st -February 28th, Oct. is usually around 75-80, the middle of Nov. is 32 -70, Dec. on freezing!

David H.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Pay it forward
                    by fitch270
                    I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                    Yesterday, 01:34 PM
                  • Reloading Gear Order
                    by fitch270
                    I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                    10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
                  • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                    by dewman
                    Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                    10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
                  • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                    by Ernie
                    Any handgun hunters here?
                    Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                    10-16-2020, 02:01 PM
                  • What are you hunting with this season? Pics please!
                    by Ernie
                    I am new here, so I’d like to get you to know you better
                    hi primarily hunt with a variety of handguns for big game, and I like shooting those...
                    10-16-2020, 01:43 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X