Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My dad says that he doesn't bowhunt in the morning in fear for spooking deer already in the field. I told him that we spook deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dad says that he doesn't bowhunt in the morning in fear for spooking deer already in the field. I told him that we spook deer

My dad says that he doesn't bowhunt in the morning in fear for spooking deer already in the field. I told him that we spook deer in the evening anyway,so we can go in the morning. Which one of us is correct?

call it a draw, the best time to hunt is when ever you can, the more time spent in the field the more oppourtunities you will have.persistence kills more deer than any thing else

Comment

It is a unfortunate part of the hunt when you jump/spook a deer....other opportunities await in the deer woods and most of us have had the misfortune of alerting deer to our presence

Comment

You mean spook deer in the evening as you leave? I'm figuring you have to enter through the field and then go into woods so sounds like your dad is right but so are you if you spook them on way out. You're dad must think that spooking them at night as you walk out is no big deal cause perhaps by the next evening they have forgotten. Or maybe he just likes to sleep in

Comment

I am as cautious as the next guy when it comes to getting to my stand but I still ospook deer in the morning and the evening once in a while. I have also spooked them walking in during the afternoon. In my mind it is just one of those things but it doesn't stop me from hunting.

Comment

I've never killed a deer from my bed or easy chair.....

Comment

As others have said hunt whenever you can. I like to have some deer spook lets me know I am in a good area with deer. Besides, there are other deer which you don't see and don't see you, they'll come around at some time. Unlike the movies deer do not talk to each other it is each deer for him or herself.
              Happy Hunting.
              later,
              charlie

Comment

I have killed just as many deer at 1 pm as I have at 6 am or pm. I think these guys have it right about hunting when you can.

Comment

I tend to hunt more in the afternoon simply because I want to sleep in. ) But when it comes down to it, I've killed about the same amount of deer in the pm as I have in the am

Comment

You won't shoot a deer if you don't put the time in.

Comment

Spooking deer happens, just play the wind in your favor and be easy going to and from your stands. The more time spent in the woods will increase your odds in bagging a deer, if you do your home work.

Comment

Spooking a deer in the morning is different than spooking a deer in the evening because if you spook a deer when its dark it may not know what you were and come back but that changes in the evening.

Comment

late one rainy afternoon I was watching deer in a food plot,as a 4wheeler arrived the deer moved into nearby woods probably fifty yards away.After the guy put out a pile of corn and left the deer returned fifteen minutes later.I also missed a nice buck once that left in a hurry,a buddy was posted out in front of him and took him as he eased along at a slow walk nearly an hour later and only about 200yards from where i jumped him.So deer don't always leave the country after a run in with a hunter.

Comment

late one rainy afternoon I was watching deer in a food plot,as a 4wheeler arrived the deer moved into nearby woods probably fifty yards away.After the guy put out a pile of corn and left the deer returned fifteen minutes later.I also missed a nice buck once that left in a hurry,a buddy was posted out in front of him and took him as he eased along at a slow walk nearly an hour later and only about 200yards from where i jumped him.So deer don't always leave the country after a run in with a hunter.

Comment

lol... One wonders how much your dad fears startling the deer, and how much he just hates getting up early - getting up before dawn is the hardest part of deer hunting for me personally! lol... I'd rather stay up all night then get up in the morning!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Outdoor Life archives
                                by Scott123
                                Has anyone missed reading Outdoor Life cover to cover archives? I get the run around on the phone about it may come back. Anyone else read it besides...
                                Yesterday, 11:23 PM
                              • Blade Stain
                                by jhjimbo
                                Anybody have tips for getting stains off knife blades. I have a nice, K-Bar I would like to clean up and a 3" Western. All different kinds of stains,...
                                Yesterday, 11:40 AM
                              • Home Defense
                                by jhjimbo
                                If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                                10-20-2020, 02:15 PM
                              • Pay it forward
                                by fitch270
                                I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                                10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
                              • Reloading Gear Order
                                by fitch270
                                I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                                10-17-2020, 08:31 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X