Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long is your Deer Season, from Bow to Gun in your State?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long is your Deer Season, from Bow to Gun in your State?

How long is your Deer Season, from Bow to Gun in your State?

In my State of Florida Deer season last 76 Day's with two Bucks a day and one week of Doe season (one Doe Per Day with one Buck)if you are luckey!

Comment

Here in Alabama, the total is 104 +/- a day or two. Bow season starts in mid-Oct. and all seasons end Jan. 30th. Two antlerless (except spotted fawn) per day and three bucks (with antler restrictions) per season. Liberal.

Comment

In Iowa it is Sept 1 to about the 20th of January.

Comment

Its possible to hunt whitetail here in PA from Sept 17th to Jan 28th with a break for bear season.

Comment

Illinois archery season opens October 1st. All deer seasons close roughly January 15th. Technically, I believe it is the second Sunday in January.

Comment

in NJ its 5 months - September to Feb

Comment

In the majority of Wisconsin it is the second weekend of September until about a week into January. In some parts though land owners can hunt until March 31.

Comment

In Washington State, it varies on the deer. We have blacktails, muleys, and whitetails. Whitetails are open, at least where we hunt, three or four weeks for modern firearm, a week or two for blackpowder, and most of Sept. for archery.

Comment

In Arkansas, bow season is October 1st-February 28th.
                    Muzzleloader is the middle of October for one week, and three days at the end of December, 29th - 31st.

Modern gun is middle of November - middle of December.(5 weeks) with a 3 day Christmas hunt , 26th- 28th

You can take Two bucks with atleast 3 points on one side., and Four doe during the season.

And we have 'Special Youth Hunts" at the beginning of each hunt for a fews days prior to the main hunts.

David H.

Comment

This past season was from October 14th through February 10th. So, that's 109 days.

I haven't seen the dates for 2018/19

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
                        In my State of Florida Deer season last 76 Day's with two Bucks a day and one week of Doe season (one Doe Per Day with one Buck)if you are luckey!
                        We are the opposite. One doe per day, only three bucks for the whole season

Comment

Originally posted by pineywoods View Post
                          Here in Alabama, the total is 104 +/- a day or two. Bow season starts in mid-Oct. and all seasons end Jan. 30th. Two antlerless (except spotted fawn) per day and three bucks (with antler restrictions) per season. Liberal.
                          Pineywoods, they have extended the season by a few days

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                            This past season was from October 14th through February 10th. So, that's 109 days.

I haven't seen the dates for 2018/19
                            It's a long season

Comment

Originally posted by DSMbirddog View Post
                              In Iowa it is Sept 1 to about the 20th of January.
                              144 days? Wow!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Outdoor Life archives
                                by Scott123
                                Has anyone missed reading Outdoor Life cover to cover archives? I get the run around on the phone about it may come back. Anyone else read it besides...
                                Yesterday, 11:23 PM
                              • Blade Stain
                                by jhjimbo
                                Anybody have tips for getting stains off knife blades. I have a nice, K-Bar I would like to clean up and a 3" Western. All different kinds of stains,...
                                Yesterday, 11:40 AM
                              • Home Defense
                                by jhjimbo
                                If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                                10-20-2020, 02:15 PM
                              • Pay it forward
                                by fitch270
                                I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                                10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
                              • Reloading Gear Order
                                by fitch270
                                I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                                10-17-2020, 08:31 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X