Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got to thinking today...(I'm a bit of a daydreamer)... do you think every year there are world record typical and non typical de

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got to thinking today...(I'm a bit of a daydreamer)... do you think every year there are world record typical and non typical de

Got to thinking today...(I'm a bit of a daydreamer)... do you think every year there are world record typical and non typical deer out there that don't get harvested or seen by hunter's? With the vast Canadian wilderness and large state and national forests in the U.S. I would tend to think so. But are there lots of them? What do you think?

ACCORDING to some of the guys I hunt with there are lots of world records shot at and missed every year in the deer woods we hunt in.

Comment

JUST for the record I'VE probably missed three so far.

Comment

I hunt North Fl.When Bow season is on in mid Sept. you will see Booners out of range of a Cross Bow but after the first shot of Black power the Booners are in super deep swamps, That how thay stay Booners!...The last weekend of Gun season in January
        that when He comes out the last rut of the season.

Comment

I have to believe there are a lot of them out there. They tend to become completely nocturnal after they get a little age on them, and they are really good at hiding in impenetrable thickets.

Comment

As others have said, those deer are out there. They don't get that big by being stupid and not adapting to changing conditions. I don't know that there are a lot of them but I believe they are out there.

Comment

Absolutely. More them probably die of old age than die by hunter.
              later,
              charlie

Comment

I would venture there are many huge whitetail deer hiding out in the suburbs and river parks and ravines of many Canadian cities let alone Canadian wilderness. It is testament to their remarkable ability to live and thrive in close proximity to man. As a bonus, they have the advantage of dining on a smorg of farmer's fields and the deep grasses of city green zones. There is the potential to grow some trophy antlers. What a treat to see a huge buck sauntering across the neighbour's orchard or calmly feeding on the outskirts of town. There are so many collisions with deer at acreages outside of the city of Edmonton that they have special seasons to help control the population.

Comment

I think alot go unseen after deer season starts, the big boys have to go nocturnal they don't get old from making to many mistakes.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Outdoor Life archives
                    by Scott123
                    Has anyone missed reading Outdoor Life cover to cover archives? I get the run around on the phone about it may come back. Anyone else read it besides...
                    Yesterday, 11:23 PM
                  • Blade Stain
                    by jhjimbo
                    Anybody have tips for getting stains off knife blades. I have a nice, K-Bar I would like to clean up and a 3" Western. All different kinds of stains,...
                    Yesterday, 11:40 AM
                  • Home Defense
                    by jhjimbo
                    If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                    10-20-2020, 02:15 PM
                  • Pay it forward
                    by fitch270
                    I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                    10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
                  • Reloading Gear Order
                    by fitch270
                    I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                    10-17-2020, 08:31 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X