Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

im interested in hunting whitetail deer with handgun in 41 caliber/should i start with a lower caliber or stay with the 41.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im interested in hunting whitetail deer with handgun in 41 caliber/should i start with a lower caliber or stay with the 41.

im interested in hunting whitetail deer with handgun in 41 caliber/should i start with a lower caliber or stay with the 41.

I may be wrong, but I believe in Iowa the minimum handgun caliber you can use on deer is a .44

Comment

The .41 Rem. Mag. is a terrific cartridge for hunting deer-sized game. There are numerous bullet options out there for the caliber and, if you enjoy reloading, the .41 Rem. Mag. is an easy cartridge to make your own ammo for.

By handloading you can also make under-powered ammo that make the .41 easy to shoot for plinking or going after smaller critters.

Comment

My father in law used his 41 mag on deer with no problems. Good luck hunting!

Comment

The 41 cal is a great caliber to hunt deer with. It packs good velocity and energy, just practice alot and set limits to how far to shoot and it should do great. Shot placement is eveything no matter what caliber is used.

Comment

any center fire caliber is legal in kentucky/this is not to say that some good shooters are very succesful/while others should stick to the long guns.Game animals deserve to be taken effectively as possible. pistol shooters should be practiced and experienced hunters. thats my thoughts

Comment

I hunt with a 7mm/08 and pack a Ruger 41Mag, I have Killed a lots of Deer under my tree stand with my 41Mag mostly head shots were the rifle is hard to move around, the 41Mag is as good if not better then the 44Mag with out the recoil, in Fl. you can use any Hand Gun Caliber to hunt with????? in Georga it must be a 44Mag with a 5-1/4" Bbl or longer.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget