Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it true that there are doe's with antlers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it true that there are doe's with antlers?

Is it true that there are doe's with antlers?

Yes it is! Same as some hens have beards! Very rare though......

Comment

I let a bearded hen go a few times last spring. It is a legal bird here but i would not shoot it. Only time i have seen an antlered doe is on a tv show. I will try to figure out what show it was.

Comment

I've heard of it, but never seen it firsthand. I did kill a buck with only one testicle this past season. (Decent seven point, 168 lbs.)

Comment

Years ago I shot a spike buck on the last day of the season. When I went to gut him I discovered he did not have the right equipment. Regardless of the spike antlers it was definitely a doe. I later discovered that this is a rare but not that uncommon an event. By shooting this deer I probably saved the local bucks some confusion.... I would not want the big antlered bucks to start questioning their sexual orientation!

Comment

Kody,
            Agreed!

Comment

its rare but god can do anything

Comment

Yes, I actually shot one with velvet in November that I found a shed to last spring. I also have seen another deer identical to it that I think is an antlered doe. Going along with the bearded hens, too, I saw one last spring several times.

Comment

Yes, I actually shot one with velvet in November that I found a shed to last spring. I also have seen another deer identical to it that I think is an antlered doe. Going along with the bearded hens, too, I saw one last spring several times.

Comment

I forgot to mention another two weird things about my deer. It was a four point with a drop tine down the side of its face, it had a somewhat deformed skull and it was a bout 6 or 7 years old.

Comment

It sure is I saw a 9 pt. that got shot and it was a doe

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget