Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any one have tick problems where you live? The places i hunt are loaded with them,i have a few friends that have lymes.Do what y

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one have tick problems where you live? The places i hunt are loaded with them,i have a few friends that have lymes.Do what y

Any one have tick problems where you live? The places i hunt are loaded with them,i have a few friends that have lymes.Do what you can to protect yourself its ugly to see what they are going thru.I use sprays here with deet,but going to buy my boy and myself bug skins heard they work.What do you guys use?

I don't use anything, I do keep my pants leg tucked into my rubber boots. Wash my clothing to kill any ticks I may drag home and check my torso and legs for any critters. If any are found I'll take duct tape and rup the sticky side up and down my legs catching anyt critters trying to climb up.

Comment

I spray with deet and treat my clothing with pyrethrin spray that kills ticks for weeks.

Comment

Deer ticks are very bad in my area and they are sometimes difficult to detect due to their small size. I had my first bout with Lyme disease back in 1986, no bull's eye rash. The doctors didn't believe that it was in my area, so I was left untreated for over a year and had a nightmare of health problems. I finally went to another state to get diagnosis and treatment and this helped but I have lasting effects. Lessons learned: Use deet, dress properly, shower and inspect your body after outdoors, if you are bitten and show any signs of redness or irritation from that bite see the docter for antibiotics. The diagnosis and especially treament has improved greatly in the past 25 years. I have been to my doctor at least 10 times for deer tick bites over the years. Even with great precautions they still manage to attach. Don't take deer ticks lightly.

Comment

CGull that tape trick is worth remembering. Thanks.

Comment

I had never seen a deer tick up here in crawford county until i killed my archery buck this year. I caught a normal tick last summer, not sure how but the thing attached right behind my ear.

Comment

When I saw this post I HAD to respond.In the past week, i have had 7 ticks in all, on me, my dog, and my dad. They're already horrible, hopefully they slow up!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Pay it forward
                by fitch270
                I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                Yesterday, 01:34 PM
              • Reloading Gear Order
                by fitch270
                I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
              • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                by dewman
                Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
              • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                by Ernie
                Any handgun hunters here?
                Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                10-16-2020, 02:01 PM
              • What are you hunting with this season? Pics please!
                by Ernie
                I am new here, so I’d like to get you to know you better
                hi primarily hunt with a variety of handguns for big game, and I like shooting those...
                10-16-2020, 01:43 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X