Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snow,snow and more snow....Anyone else buried this winter?Anyone have a dogsled for sale/trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow,snow and more snow....Anyone else buried this winter?Anyone have a dogsled for sale/trade?

Snow,snow and more snow....Anyone else buried this winter?Anyone have a dogsled for sale/trade?

Yeah, my fox hunts have been canceled due to the snow so far. I dont have dogs or calls so i track them and when the snow is up to the "Little Hunters" it makes for a tough and uncomfortable walk. It has been 27 days since i was hunting last and i am going stir crazy!!! To make things worse is i had to pull my traps because there is just to much snow! The coons are in hibernation mode and are not moving at all. An additional hit to the system is that there is ice on all of the creeks, lakes, and ponds BUT it wont hold a person. Dang pond tried to eat me yesterday. Well, i guess i will get back to day dreaming about long walks on in the woods with my .243 whispering sweet nothings in my ear.
    All my friends say i am losing it but at she says i am perfectly fine.

Hold in there Big Jake and try not to lose your mind. I think i might have.

Comment

This winter hasn't been to bad. I've only used the snowblower 4 times. Last winter we got 70 some inches of snow and it almost did me in. I was blowing snow, literally, 3-4 times per week. I couldn't live in upstate NY where they get the lake effect snow.

Comment

Up here in the PA pan handle we get our fair share of the lake effect. it has now been 28 days and i cant take this much longer!

Comment

Lots of snow bigjake, I was walking out in the woods yesterday and was barely able to move. The ATV is unable to get through the deep snow also. My planned coyote hunt next week will probably require snowshoes.

Comment

our ground has been covered all winter, about 8in. average, but we hafta learn to take what God gives us

Comment

by the way, smitty the ice on our pond is 1 foot thick. its too rough to go skating on though.

Comment

Dovehunter2,
                If only the pond i tried to fish had 1 foot of ice. My first 3 steps held but on my fourth i put my foot clean through. that was not fun.

Comment

We have had a minimum of 20" of snowfall every week since Christmas.Seems like Thursday's are our storm day every week(another big blast supposedly hitting this Thursday,ughhh).Cant do any predator hunting due to the snow depth,and there's no point in setting Snowshoe Hare snare lines because they are just getting buried under all the fresh snowfall.It has been a very mild winter,with only 2 days of -30C in January(typically the last two weeks of January are in the -30C range here),so ice fishing isnt an option again this season.With all the storms we've endured this winter our electric power supply has been limited,and this is causing me major headaches with my wine brewing.No electricity=not being able to control the climate in my brew room.
                  The snowmobile fans are loving this winter,but the sport is not one of my passions.I will say this though,with all the snow we have this winter we should have great conditions for a bumper crop of Fiddlehead greens this spring,and the lack of cold weather could lend to an early ice out for spring Brookie season opener(April 15th).

Comment

Just a follow up to my previous note. Our luck has run out. 10 inches coming by Wednesday night and then 10 below zero.

Comment

DSMbirddog,
                      I feel bad for you. We have had nice weather here but our temps are supposed to plumet and add another 3-5 inches tonight.

Comment

We got all of the 3-5 and probably a little more. I got a snow day from school BUT i still can not go hunting. it has been 31 days since i was last in the woods.

Comment

Back to back snow days for me. today it is because there is an inch of ice on everything.

Comment

Got 15" inches two days ago,and we will be getting 30" over the next three days.Dont know where Im going to put 30" more of snow,the blower can barely clear the snowbanks now.This is definately a winter for the record books,and we still have 2 more months to go.

Comment

Big Jake,
                              There is only one thing i can think of doing with all of that snow, eat it. I keep a jug of that juice they put on slushies and will go out with a big bowl or cup, fill it with snow, add some juice, and eat it. get a ton of friends to visit and have a party. Good Luck!
                              it has been 38 days since i was last in the woods!! that is 38 days TOO LONG!!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Covid-19
                                by jhjimbo
                                Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

Tucker Carlson had a guest...
                                09-17-2020, 10:38 PM
                              • Spur of the moment rifle
                                by Amflyer
                                I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
                                09-17-2020, 11:25 AM
                              • The $20 Shooting Shack
                                by fitch270
                                So we’ve been doing some outside remodeling and dismantled some decking. The stuff wasn’t good enough to reuse on the house when we redo the decks...
                                09-16-2020, 10:23 PM
                              • When is it equipment vs when it is you?
                                by dewman
                                one of my range only pals stopped by last night. I showed him my new mk4 and he showed me his. He had spent a lot of $ on upgrades. A lot. Showed me some...
                                09-15-2020, 08:42 AM
                              • Dewman goes Teal hunting.
                                by dewman
                                So one of the farmers who doesn't hunt doves does hunt rails & snipe which opened the 1st, and teal which opened yesterday (Saturday). He asked me...
                                09-13-2020, 04:48 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X