Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats better Ford PowerStrike or Chevy Duramax? Im leaning towards Chevy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats better Ford PowerStrike or Chevy Duramax? Im leaning towards Chevy.

Whats better Ford PowerStrike or Chevy Duramax? Im leaning towards Chevy.

Chevy by a long shot.

Comment

This could be a hotly debated topic, just like the best caliber for deer. Whichever one you like the most is the best one. There are trade offs with each and it will come down to personal preferences... Which is why both companies have stayed in business as long as they have.
      I have several good friends who are good people except for the flaw that they like Chevy's. I still like them and hope that some day they will see the light; I will not turn my back on them when they need my help the most.
      I like Fords, I have driven many Ford pickups (and a few Chevy's) and have taken several Fords to more than 250K miles, and plan to do that with the one that I am currently driving... unless Ford were to give me one for doing endorsements.
      I could not do that for a Chevy.
      It is all about preference, personal preference...

Comment

The available Allyson transmission with the PTO facility make it the element that pushes a buyer like myself to the Chevy. Furthermore, the Allyson transmission is so bomb proof that few shops know about fixing them.....because they break down so rarely. The same can not be said about the transmissions of ANY of the other makes. If you haul heavy or pull a trailer the choice is clear, buy the Chev and pay any extra to get the Allyson. Such pickup trucks are the lesser tools of my trade..meaning I speak from experience. The kind of experience that fills your wallet or empties your wallet.

Comment

This is a subject I've always been curios about. Is there any correlation to rifle preference? Chevy/Remington vs Ford/Winchester? Toyota/Seiko?

Comment

land_cruiser_73, I doubt it, at least for me. I drive a Ford, but my favorite rifle is a Remington. My favorite hunting handgun is a Smith, but that is because the first real handgun that I played with, lo, those many years ago was a smith...
            I grew up with Fords, working on them, stuff like that. That is why my preference leans there.
            I think that is how it is for most people, you gravitate to what is familiar and comfortable...

Comment

Chevy/Remington all the way. By the way, FORD stands for...
              Found Fix
              On Or
              Road Repair
              Dead Daily

Comment

the spaces were taken out of my comment earlier. Read the colums down, not across.

Comment

Smitty18, your comments are not worth commenting on other than to say, it would be nice to keep it civil. There is no need to resort to the acronyms. I shall not, and will ask you to refrain also.

Comment

Bo,
                    Sorry for upsetting you and i hit the REPORT button on both of my comments.

Comment

It wont let me report myself so will someone do it and maybe they will get taken off.
                      Thanks in advance,
                      Smitty18

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Outdoor Life archives
                        by Scott123
                        Has anyone missed reading Outdoor Life cover to cover archives? I get the run around on the phone about it may come back. Anyone else read it besides...
                        Yesterday, 11:23 PM
                      • Blade Stain
                        by jhjimbo
                        Anybody have tips for getting stains off knife blades. I have a nice, K-Bar I would like to clean up and a 3" Western. All different kinds of stains,...
                        Yesterday, 11:40 AM
                      • Home Defense
                        by jhjimbo
                        If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                        10-20-2020, 02:15 PM
                      • Pay it forward
                        by fitch270
                        I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                        10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
                      • Reloading Gear Order
                        by fitch270
                        I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                        10-17-2020, 08:31 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X