Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that the season is over should I take down my trail cameras? Or should I let them out year-round? Why? And if i take them do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that the season is over should I take down my trail cameras? Or should I let them out year-round? Why? And if i take them do

Now that the season is over should I take down my trail cameras? Or should I let them out year-round? Why? And if i take them down when should i put them back up?

Take them down, less chance they will be stolen, and I would put them back out one to two weeks before you plan to hunt.

Comment

I like to keep mine up for a bit after the season to see what may be strolling through now that the pressure is off them. But I agree with the stolen part. I just grabbed my camera last week and had two sets of pics of different trespassers snowshoeing by the camera. Glad they didn't steal it.

Comment

I would keep mine up all year just to scout out the area, and possibly throw out a little food for the deer or whatever it is you plan to hunt. If your afraid it will get stolen just put it back up like 6 weeks before season starts so you know what to look for when you're sitting out in the woods.

Comment

now is a great time to have game cameras out! You might see when bucks are dropping their sheds and you'll see what and where the surviving deer are doing late season.

Comment

I BROUGHT mine in this morning, season ended yesterday,i'll down load and reset till greenup.I haven't seen another hunter in a month,so I'm not concerned about someone finding it;s location .

Comment

I like to keep em up till around Feb or march! Mainly to see when the bucks shed there antlers!

Comment

if your worried about theft I would take them down but i would put them up about a month before the season starts.
                By the way, what type of cameras do you have?

Comment

Leave them out its a great way to see the bucks left in your area.IF legal,put some corn out with your camera and check it weekly.I leave mine out until about April.If your worried about theft get yourself a cable lock as well as a pad lock.Awsome way to scout for the next year and add bucks to your hit list.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Outdoor Life archives
                    by Scott123
                    Has anyone missed reading Outdoor Life cover to cover archives? I get the run around on the phone about it may come back. Anyone else read it besides...
                    Yesterday, 11:23 PM
                  • Blade Stain
                    by jhjimbo
                    Anybody have tips for getting stains off knife blades. I have a nice, K-Bar I would like to clean up and a 3" Western. All different kinds of stains,...
                    Yesterday, 11:40 AM
                  • Home Defense
                    by jhjimbo
                    If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                    10-20-2020, 02:15 PM
                  • Pay it forward
                    by fitch270
                    I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                    10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
                  • Reloading Gear Order
                    by fitch270
                    I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                    10-17-2020, 08:31 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X