Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fixed Blades or Expandables? What brand is best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EWG
    replied
    Fixed blade, they work and shoot. Usually shooter error if they don't shoot where you're aiming. Expandables in any form are not allowed on our property.

Leave a comment:

• keith green
    replied
    DSMbirddog, I was given a couple of Satellite, 4 blade, red in color, 6 packs a few years ago and have used a few since with success, and not. The issue I ran into was, the package had no weight on it, so I took them to the local shop. I don't remember exactly but seems they weighed in around the 150-160 range which spooked me off them, so if you still have some, any chance you know, or could weigh them and post some comments and results, thanks, KG

Leave a comment:

• keith green
    replied
    Oh,the pro's and con's, purely from a cost affective reason, I tend to the side of fixed, they seem to hold together better, and you can piece, replace and resharpen blades. Tho, I had some truly nasty exit wounds and a short track with expands, the blades have sometimes broke and stayed inside. That makes for real caution when field dressing, grinding. At $40 plus a 3 pack, and arrow cost, I like to get as much flight out of them as I can. Satellite comment and Question for DSMbirddog to follow. . .

Leave a comment:

• Cgull
    replied
    Fixed and Thunderhead, Muzzy or G5 Montecs.

Leave a comment:

• DSMbirddog
    replied
    I've used Satellite and Muzzy fixed blade. I haven't seen Satellite broadheads in quite a while.

Leave a comment:

• dereckthomas
    replied
    expandable

Leave a comment:

• Smitty18
    started a topic Fixed Blades or Expandables? What brand is best?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget