Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I see all my points have been deleted for the second time along with my star rating. See you elsewhere.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see all my points have been deleted for the second time along with my star rating. See you elsewhere.

I see all my points have been deleted for the second time along with my star rating. See you elsewhere.

Piney dont go this happend to me once on F&S site.

Comment

This is the third time they've screwed with my account and I don't think I need to stay where I'm not wanted. I'll take my ball and go home.
      There are some nice folks on this site, but I expect they'll get tired of the cluster here, too, and show up on F&S.

Comment

the stars and points have no influence PINEY,we know who you are,and your comments have always been respected.

Comment

I am sure what happened to your account isn't personal, this electronic age is not reliable. If you enjoy the people and the articles, don't walk away, you will only be hurting yourself and those who enjoy your conversation. Also, the points on here, the stars on ebay and the friends list on facebook, are all just a clever way of making people want to gain more. Learn to live without others validation and you will be so much happier. I know I am.

Comment

Same thing happened to me on field and stream. I would stay on here, I know the people on Outdoorlife seem to be a lot nicer then a lot of the ones on field and stream who seem to get off on acting like know it all a**holes.

Comment

I will still enoy you on F&S where I have been trying to behave myself. I ave not found much here for me lately.

Comment

Santa, my comments were not aimed at you, we may disagree sometimes, but i have found you to be a class act.

Comment

pineywoods frustration is understandable-
                  If there is going to be a point system then it should be maintained to operate correctly for all users equally; if not then get rid of it.
                  Some contributors enjoy the friendly competition the system encourages, this produces more thoughtful comments.
                  Starting in August 2010 I noticed some OL users get points for everything they do (comments, posts, answers, pluses and minuses, photo uploads etc.) while others only get 10 points for giving others a + or when receiving a +. I notified OL but nothing has been done to fix this inequity and as a result some have left OL.

The point system also makes it easy to identify the trolls and with a presidential election coming paid trolls are going to be out in force.
                  Accidents happen - Bo and Kody were both accidentally deleted by mistake during spam control efforts. Bo and I lost all our stars and points when we crossed the 100k threshold due to a programming glitch. So contributors need to have some patience too after all it is not costing us anything to have fun on this site.
                  later,
                  charlie

Comment

Thanks for all the words of encouragement. You folks are the only reason I haven't completely given up on the site---it is just being poorly handled. I just hate losing my stars which are an indication of credibility to new users. I emailed the webmaster a week ago and as of today, have not been given the courtesy of a reply.

Comment

Piney I read where another user got his points and stars deleted also, and an administrator got back with him and said that they have been having glitches with the system, and not to worry that hopefully all will be straighten out soon as possible.
                      Everyone that post often here knows you and respects your post, I'm fairly new here but recognize your screen name when I see it as I do other's.

David H.

Comment

i see not much has changed since i left this site before.

Comment

The ratings and points don't help me hear and learn from more experienced people. It's hard to find and meet people like you outside of forums like this. Please, all of you experienced hunters and fisherman, don't go!

Comment

It's not personal Piney. I can add your points back rather easily and I am fixing it now. If you ever have issue just email us at [email protected] and I definitely will get back to you guys ASAP.

Comment

Thank you, Eric. I appreciate your putting things right. I'll keep that email address handy.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
                                by jhjimbo
                                If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                                10-20-2020, 02:15 PM
                              • Pay it forward
                                by fitch270
                                I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                                10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
                              • Reloading Gear Order
                                by fitch270
                                I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                                10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
                              • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                                by dewman
                                Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                                10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
                              • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                                by Ernie
                                Any handgun hunters here?
                                Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                                10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X