Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is a list of stuff i need in a survival kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is a list of stuff i need in a survival kit?

what is a list of stuff i need in a survival kit?

The way you gear up your kit will be dependent on where you might need it. One size usually fits no one. A kit you will find functional in Alaska could be pretty much worthless in Arizona in the summertime.
    Each kit should be tailored for the area that it will be used.
    Rather than asking what to put in it, you might consider what you need to know before you get into the situation that you need a kit.
    The best kit in the world will do you NO good if you don't know what to do with the things in it. Take a wilderness survival course. Learn the skills that you would need in that kind of situation and then practice them. Those skills need to be ingrained into your head so completely that you don't need to really think about what you need to do next. Those skills need to be as second nature as tying your shoes. Because if they aren't and the area you are in gets covered with the brown stuff, that is a REALLY BAD time to try to learn what you need to know. As you learn the skills, you will find that you can tailor your survival kit to the needs that you may encounter...

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget