Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's a poem I recently received....just wondering what everyone's thoughts were about it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6phunter
    replied
    NO , they at least have the testicular fortitude to MAN UP with a signature.

Leave a comment:

• 6phunter
    replied
    LOL looks like PETA HAS been here.

Leave a comment:

• 6phunter
    replied
    big jake I;LL CLEAN HOUSE WHILE I'M AT IT.I don;t know where your parts are and i could careless,on my on ground I am the law and i don't need some govt.official to tell me whats right from wrong.Dogs left to run out of control are liabilities to the general well being of the general public.The papers every day are filled with much sadder outcomes than wasted hunts or 50 thousand dollar foals.

Leave a comment:

• 6phunter
    replied
    Real smart CHARLIE ? The time when your neighbor accuses your dog of killing a 50 thousand dollar colt you won't feel much like doing what might be the politcally correct thing to say under those circumstances.It wasn't my dog, but another that was a dead ringer for my own.I killed the offending dog ,then I killed my own to vanquish any doubts.So if you or anyone else thinks this gives hunters a bad name.,so be it.IT'S CARELESS people that allow pets to wander into mischief that are to blame.I read one of your post were you liked someones attitude how they destroyed coyotes but now you think different canines should be given special rites. Guys like you CHARLIE worry me,at least you know where I stand on issues .It's obvious to me that you think one way but speak another.

Leave a comment:

• 6phunter
    replied
    running deer with dogs in kentucky is illegal, dogs may be destroyed if used. if you value your dog kee p him on a leash,thats also a law we have here.as to the locked gates i have a key and problems with packs of free roaming dogs are no longer a problem where i hunt.lol I have no intention of waiting for the dogs to be gone by the time officers arrive,I,ve seen dogs not only take down deer but horse foals calves and sheep.so you do what you think is right and I;ll continue to keep other peoples problems from being one of my own.

Leave a comment:

• bigjake
    replied
    I agree with Charlie,in my parts only law enforcement officers can shoot free running dogs

Leave a comment:

• charlie elk
    replied
    Real smart 6p -shooting someone's dog that got loose - guys like you give us all a bad name. Your behavior leads to locked gates.
    later,
    charlie

Leave a comment:

• dovehunter2
    replied
    though goin after big bucks isnt bad, (i happen to like em, too) a little doe is still good and we still need to praise god for it's meat

Leave a comment:

• 6phunter
    replied
    I'M with HAWKEYE,stray dogs running deer get shot no question about it,

Leave a comment:

• charlie elk
    replied
    Hawkeye I hope by "tagged a stray dog"; you did NOT shoot it; rather you caught it to return it home?
    later,
    charlie

Leave a comment:

• siberd
    replied
    i liked the poem, brought back old times i was more of a meat hunter but a rack was that little extra i would still probably be a meat hunter and if you want the big rack so be it the main thing is to love the deer and the time spent chasing it

Leave a comment:

• HawkEyes
    replied
    Hey, I have hunted more this year than the last 3 years combined. So far I've missed one doe, tagged a stray dog that was chasing 4 does, watched a big ten point being chased 20 yards from my stand and couldn't get him or the dogs after him to stop, and finally tagged a good doe at 20 yards during rifle season. I earned that deer more than I've ever earned a deer and I was happy to harvest her. Does taste better than bucks anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Ram1500
    replied
    Good words, I tried to print these poems but couldn't. I wanted to post a copy of it on our hunting cabin wall. It describes several people I know perfectly. It's all about size.

Leave a comment:

• MN Outdoorsman
    replied
    I like the poem neuman23 as well as the others. I found myself for the first time telling my hunting partners that I had not seen any deer because I know they would feel weird about shooting small bucks when I would let them walk. It's my choice to hold out for a big buck but I do not intend to spoil their excitement. I wish they wouldn't feel awkward about it but it's just the way it is.

Leave a comment:

• 6phunter
    replied
    some strange things done beneath the sun, by hunters of big bucks,they curse thier lot , when they miss thier shot, so just take a doe,then you can go back to the couch and wife,and while you wait another year for a chance at a great deer,6p will be in woods deep,taking big brown down.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Leupold screwed me
    by dewman
    had a little time yesterday afternoon so thought I would take a moment to get my recently "repaired" Leupold vx2 lined out. As it turns out,...
    Today, 09:57 AM
  • The TGIF Buck
    by fitch270
    First off, a shout out to FB for hanging out with me this afternoon from over 1000 miles away. Iโ€™m still a bit dumbfounded about what went down....
    11-26-2021, 11:49 PM
  • Have you tried a "shemagh"?
    by FirstBubba
    I put this on F&S also to give everybody a heads up.

"... The shemagh, also known as the keffiyeh or Arab scarf, is a simple yet...
    11-25-2021, 12:06 PM
  • Life is good!
    by dewman
    .......... in fact, it's downright delicious! ๐ŸฆŒ=๐Ÿ”+๐ŸŒฎ+๐Ÿบor๐Ÿท๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‰ ...
    11-22-2021, 07:29 PM
  • Ghosts
    by fitch270
    Not really survival related but I wanted to mention this separate from todayโ€™s hunting report.

Having the hill to myself today had me...
    11-21-2021, 10:39 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X