Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hunt on public land and have a problem with someone stealing the padding and pull rope off my deer stand, and my salt block, e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charlie elk
    replied
    I'm not ticked off Tuesday Stine just curious about the ways of the hunt in other areas of the country.(I gave you +1 for each post) Nor do I have problems with the laws in your area again just curious.
    In WI it is illegal to place a stand and leave it over night. In many areas here we can not clear trails or cut shooting lanes on public ground. These laws came about because hunters became territorial and in some cases physically fought over a location. Now it is race each hunting day to your favorite spot to set up in the dark.
    In MN you can leave a stand overnight but by law another hunter may occupy that stand.
    I have decided not to place stands in advance of hunting on public ground as have some other hunters and we refer to it as being polite. Just the way we talk here, I was not implying you were impolite.
    Over the years I have hunted in 30 states and appreciate each one has a unique hunting culture of its own.
    later,
    charlie

Leave a comment:

• I hunt on public land and have a problem with someone stealing the padding and pull rope off my deer stand, and my salt block, e

I hunt on public land and have a problem with someone stealing the padding and pull rope off my deer stand, and my salt block, etc. I hunt further back in the woods than most other hunters. Any ideas on how to stop this? My husbands idea isn't legal.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget