Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, so i just setup my ground blind in a new spot thats tucked away in a swamp thats down in a valley. Every time i leave my bli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, so i just setup my ground blind in a new spot thats tucked away in a swamp thats down in a valley. Every time i leave my bli

Ok, so i just setup my ground blind in a new spot thats tucked away in a swamp thats down in a valley. Every time i leave my blind theres always fresh buck tracks on the road i use to get to where i enter the woods to go to my stand. The buck is always trailing a doe because theres always doe tracks right in front of his. Does anybody know if i could pull the buck down to my stand by making a doe in estrous scent trail and hanging a scent wick near my bait pile and then adding a few doe bleats?

I agree with piney, move your stand closer to the sign. Maybe setting downwind, but within range of the sign. If the buck is not trailing a doe, he will scent check the are from downwind.

Comment

you have to kill big bucks where they are, not where you want them to be.

Comment

thats a very good saying 6phunter but i cant move my stand because i only have a few days left to hunt until rifle season begins and im not allowed to hunt with my bow during gun season. im thinking about just sitting on a chair on the edge of the raod he walks every day but im not sure that will work

Comment

Make a doe drag to your stand give it a shot!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget