Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deer can see purple? but who is going to dress up looking like that? i thought blue is a color deer can see so how can they no

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deer can see purple? but who is going to dress up looking like that? i thought blue is a color deer can see so how can they no

Deer can see purple? but who is going to dress up looking like that? i thought blue is a color deer can see so how can they not see purple?

FYI - if you're referring to the answer that I made in response to the question posted by Marcus yesterday, I was simply being facetious. I didn't say that I believe deer can see the color purple (although, who knows, maybe they can?)... is anyone on here part-WhitetailDeer / part-Human who can confirm and/or deny that fact?

I was simply making a point in regards to whether or not deer have the ability to see a UV color spectrum and/or frequency. My point being that until Whitetail Deer develop the ability to learn, read, write and comprehend the English language (oh, and log on to the Internet and this website and join in these discussions) - who is anyone to say whether or not a deer can or cannot see something? I think the products that boast about the fact that we need to eliminate UV from our clothing so deer can't see us are simply capitalizing on yet another marketing scheme... i.e., "BUY THIS PRODUCT OR YOU WILL NOT KILL ANOTHER DEER IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE!"

The example I made in the previous post was that if a scientist on a popular outdoor network advised that if it had been discovered that the whitetail deer can no longer "see" the color purple and anyone wearing this clothing would be invisible... how many deer hunters do you suppose would run out and buy some bright purple hunting clothes? =) I'd be willing to bet 9 out of 10.

Comment

"oh, and log on to the Internet and this website and join in these discussions"."BUY THIS PRODUCT OR YOU WILL NOT KILL ANOTHER DEER IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE!"

LMFAO!!..that thing about blue is true thu.. thats y i sorta bought what u said.

Comment

It's crazy, I tell you. As sportsmen, a lot of us actually believe some of the crap they try to pull on us... I guess I can't blame them for trying to make a few bucks. Haha...

Good luck this season, man!

Comment

It's not purple, it's ultra-violet or UV. The human eye cannot see UV rays. That is what they are talking about. It has nothing to do with the color purple.
          UV rays have a shorter wavelength than visible light, but longer than x ray radiation. Do a search, you can find more on it. There are some people who would have you believe that deer can see UV light. I for one don't believe that they can.

Comment

i kn wat uv is. i just read part of "ammo"'s comment.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Pay it forward
              by fitch270
              I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
              Yesterday, 01:34 PM
            • Reloading Gear Order
              by fitch270
              I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
              10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
            • Ruger Oops! Round 2
              by dewman
              Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
              10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
            • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
              by Ernie
              Any handgun hunters here?
              Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
              10-16-2020, 02:01 PM
            • What are you hunting with this season? Pics please!
              by Ernie
              I am new here, so I’d like to get you to know you better
              hi primarily hunt with a variety of handguns for big game, and I like shooting those...
              10-16-2020, 01:43 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X