Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What r some good scouting tips, I already know to look for scarps, rubs, funnels, deer trails, beds, anything else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What r some good scouting tips, I already know to look for scarps, rubs, funnels, deer trails, beds, anything else?

What r some good scouting tips, I already know to look for scarps, rubs, funnels, deer trails, beds, anything else?

Food source and water source. Other then that cover all the ground you can and spend as much time out as you can.

Comment

i forgot to add that there is a ton of ponds and lakes near by and a lot of food sources like aspen buds from hundreds of acres (total) of logged off areas that grow a million aspen trees in one year.

Comment

look at the property & if the surrounding land owners have No Hunting & No trespassing signs hung up all over the place thats gives you the idea not only do they have a problem with poachers but sometimes it means they also have plenty of animals in the area.

Comment

wild apple, persimmon, white oak acorn, water and the end result of all that...pellets.

Comment

If you dont mind spendin a little money you can top it all off with trail cameras! they tell you exactly whats visiting your place not just if anything is!

Comment

If you dont mind spendin a little money you can top it all off with trail cameras! they tell you exactly whats visiting your place not just if anything is!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget