Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you don't remove the windpipe when field dressing a deer will it spoil your meat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you don't remove the windpipe when field dressing a deer will it spoil your meat?

If you don't remove the windpipe when field dressing a deer will it spoil your meat?

No it won't spoil the meat. I reach up as far as I can and cut it off.

Comment

Dittos to what Johnnie said, If you are caping a deer and you don't want to ruin the skin, it is no big deal to just get as far up as you can, and let it go. The important thing is to empty the thoracic and abdominal cavities so the meat can begin to cool off.

Comment

It will spoil cause then they cant breath no more. LOL Seriously, no it will not spoil the meat.

Comment

It takes alot to totally spoil the meat, There are many different ways to age your meat. Here is a web site that helps hunters learn how to age there meat http://www.ehow.com/how_4853853_age-venison.html As I said before there is different ways to age meat the link is just the way they do it.

Comment

mesarich, you are a sick puppy! I like that about you. I wished that I had thought of that ;-)

Comment

It won't spoil the meat, but if you forget and leave it in when you cut up the neck meat for the grinder, it will make your hamburger crunchy.

Comment

after i cut it out i make a grunt tube out of it,

Comment

aging meat? more like Rotting meat.....mesarich,lol

Comment

@ 6phunter, do you have instructions on how to do that?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Pay it forward
                      by fitch270
                      I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                      Yesterday, 01:34 PM
                    • Reloading Gear Order
                      by fitch270
                      I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                      10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
                    • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                      by dewman
                      Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                      10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
                    • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                      by Ernie
                      Any handgun hunters here?
                      Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                      10-16-2020, 02:01 PM
                    • What are you hunting with this season? Pics please!
                      by Ernie
                      I am new here, so I’d like to get you to know you better
                      hi primarily hunt with a variety of handguns for big game, and I like shooting those...
                      10-16-2020, 01:43 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X