Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My dad and i have had good luck in two of our stands and last week they didnt see any deer. We have 112acres.40acres woods with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dad and i have had good luck in two of our stands and last week they didnt see any deer. We have 112acres.40acres woods with

My dad and i have had good luck in two of our stands and last week they didnt see any deer. We have 112acres.40acres woods with scattered acorn trees,40acres beans,the rest field. I would like to know where to hunt from now through the rut.

Depending where you are, I would hunt the does. Right now in the East, the bucks are still in their bachelor groups...but not for long. The pre-rut is kicking in and soon they will break up and seek the does. My advice would be to hunt the does because where the does are, a buck will soon be close by. Find the pinch points between the fields and the woods. A place where the woods shoot out into the field a little bit or a strip of woods connecting two fields. Then find where the does bed and enter the field and hunt around there. Another thing you could try is hunting any pines you may have near doe beds. Bucks like the sappy smell of the pine and in the rut they rub the heck outa the trees. Good luck

Comment

DITTO!!!pjsabella

Comment

Ya i agree with pjsabella.The deer should be hittin the bean field pretty hard right now. Just make sure u set up with the wind in your favor!You dont wanna get busted!

Comment

Get outa the stands would be my suggestion. Been there and the waiting game doesn't cut it so spot and stalk. I would, as they say, hunt the fingers. These strips will yield the curious more often than not.

I mean, at 112 squares of land, 40 wooded, it's not like you're limited! Good hunting my friend! You may be just a little early...

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Outdoor Life archives
            by Scott123
            Has anyone missed reading Outdoor Life cover to cover archives? I get the run around on the phone about it may come back. Anyone else read it besides...
            Yesterday, 11:23 PM
          • Blade Stain
            by jhjimbo
            Anybody have tips for getting stains off knife blades. I have a nice, K-Bar I would like to clean up and a 3" Western. All different kinds of stains,...
            Yesterday, 11:40 AM
          • Home Defense
            by jhjimbo
            If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
            10-20-2020, 02:15 PM
          • Pay it forward
            by fitch270
            I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
            10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
          • Reloading Gear Order
            by fitch270
            I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
            10-17-2020, 08:31 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X