Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the best survival gun. a 410 and 22 over and under or a 20 ga and 270 and 22 single shot rifle. i will post the answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the best survival gun. a 410 and 22 over and under or a 20 ga and 270 and 22 single shot rifle. i will post the answer

what is the best survival gun. a 410 and 22 over and under or a 20 ga and 270 and 22 single shot rifle. i will post the answer later. part 1

410 and 22 over and under

Comment

I take issue with the question, it depends on the destination of the traveler. If I were in Alaska, what I would choose is much different than if I were in the bayou of Louisiana, or the glaciers of Greenland or the deserts of Southern Arizona. I do not believe that one weapon can be the be all end all in every survival situation. It must be tailored to where you are going.
      I do not want a .410 or .22 if I might be coming up against a Grizzly who is very hungry, unless I am planning to shoot myself before it eats me...

Comment

a 50 cal sniper rifle....jk.....a 20g?

Comment

There's a "right" answer to this question??? Sorry, that's ridiculous. I agree with Bo--it depends on where you are. It also depends on other factors--if you are carrying food, self defense is a higher priority. If you have no provisions, a firearm suitable to harvest available game would be more useful.

Comment

20 ga and 270 and 22 single shot rifle

part2 answer

Comment

Okay now, I have a question, where are you using this perfect survival weapon? Just asking.

Comment

Dereck, your question could be the start of an interesting discussion, but I don't think you could ever pick "the best" survival gun for all survival situations. On top of that, I would much rather have a good knife than any gun in a wilderness survival situation, (Urban survival is a different story--I carry a Glock .40 and a .380 backup--usually a .357 in the truck--12 gauge loaded at the house--God help the scumbag that decides to mess with me). But I digress--the knife is your most important survival tool--you can use it to make other tools. I'd rather have a gun, fire starter, first aid kit, water purifier, fishing gear ... (a beautiful woman and a bottle of Jack Daniels LOL), but the knife comes first. If you answer Bo's question, or give your reason's for your choices, this could turn into an interesting discussion.

Comment

IMHO~~ A 12ga pump with slug and some bird shot #4
                  Hi-Brass

Comment

10 gauge over the shoulder 9mm in holster. 22clip, 243 for hunting here in ca.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Outdoor Life archives
                      by Scott123
                      Has anyone missed reading Outdoor Life cover to cover archives? I get the run around on the phone about it may come back. Anyone else read it besides...
                      Yesterday, 11:23 PM
                    • Blade Stain
                      by jhjimbo
                      Anybody have tips for getting stains off knife blades. I have a nice, K-Bar I would like to clean up and a 3" Western. All different kinds of stains,...
                      Yesterday, 11:40 AM
                    • Home Defense
                      by jhjimbo
                      If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                      10-20-2020, 02:15 PM
                    • Pay it forward
                      by fitch270
                      I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                      10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
                    • Reloading Gear Order
                      by fitch270
                      I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                      10-17-2020, 08:31 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X